• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Day in the life of a EVO battery

I unplugged my EVO at 7:08 AM and did not charge it for over 14 hours. When I finally put it on the charger it still had 20% life left. I spoke on the phone for a total of 50 minutes. I sent/received a total of 65 texts today. I was on the net surfing through this forum, reading up on ESPN, did a couple of google searches, was shopping for apps, checking my items on ebay, and checking gmail throughout the day. A pretty typical day in my opinion. I have a car charger so I normally plug it in every time I get in the car, but for testing purposes I didnt do that today. To be honest I don't see what the big deal is about battery life. I think it is on par with any other smartphone out there. I know I didn't use youtube today, or other items that might drain the battery more...but that is why there are car chargers, plus like I said...I still had 20% battery life left after over 14 hours unplugged. Oh, I also have background data checked, auto-sync checked with my gmail and weather sync-ing checked on. My mobile network is checked and I didn't use wi-fi at all today. I have 4g, wi-fi, and GPS disabled. I have bluetooth enabled when I am in the care. All in All...a solid performance today. I'm happy! Check out the screen shot I took using shootme for the proof.

Attachments

• evo battery proof.jpg
    evo battery proof.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 121
i am usually down to 7% after 12 hours...funny thing is it gets stuck at 7 and doesn't got down past that. anyone else notice that? usually sits like that for 10 mins by then i plug it in to the wall charger...i have sent about 100 texts, talk time is 40 mins, 60 mins surfing, bluetooth for 60 mins, when at office i usually turn off mobile network and background data since i don't need it...

Upvote 0
I have 4g, wi-fi, and GPS disabled.

Ive found that my serious drain issue is related to 4G usage. If you're in a 4G area then I suggest you retry your experiment with 4G on. The 4G drain is pretty incredible. Just doing a couple speed tests shaves off a visible part of the battery life. Leaving 4G on and having it "scan" is pretty bad too. Not sure how feasible 4G is going to be on this phone considering the immense drain it has on the battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones