• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dead thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How incredibly negative of you. :p

It will happen eventually. I would be simply amazed if this was the one Android device in all of existence that could not be rooted. Everyone just needs to have a little patience.

I'm trying to be. I picked up a Moto Droid for my girlfriend yesterday and I found myself wishing I had just gone with the uglier phone to get the features and speed. I don't think I could ever get used to that useless slide-out keyboard though. Waste of phone thickness.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to be. I picked up a Moto Droid for my girlfriend yesterday and I found myself wishing I had just gone with the uglier phone to get the features and speed. I don't think I could ever get used to that useless slide-out keyboard though. Waste of phone thickness.

The Eris can hold me over until a phone that looks just as good as it can also exceed my expectations in terms of speed and responsiveness and being able to remain updated comes to VZW.

It was my first smartphone, and despite everyone telling me to get the Droid last November, I went and got this because of the physical characteristics. I'm still sure I wouldn't have liked the Droid, but now, the Nexus One seems to be similar in build to the Eris and can run at a much higher level than the Eris. The Nexus Two is essentially another Droid, so I'm not looking forward to that. Verizon just needs to get the ball rolling and get seven Android devices like GheyT&T has planned.

Upvote 0
I am right there with you Smacky. This phone is fine until I can get the newest and greatest at a subsidized price. It looks like even the people with N1 want the incredible now, as it will go till the end of time or Android what ever comes first. That is the only thing I envy of iPhone users, they don't have to sit back and watch newer and better phones being released into the wild. They get bored with what they have and have no other choice. They can't even root and put another iPhone OS in it because their is no other iPhone OS.

Upvote 0
I am right there with you Smacky. This phone is fine until I can get the newest and greatest at a subsidized price. It looks like even the people with N1 want the incredible now, as it will go till the end of time or Android what ever comes first. That is the only thing I envy of iPhone users, they don't have to sit back and watch newer and better phones being released into the wild. They get bored with what they have and have no other choice. They can't even root and put another iPhone OS in it because their is no other iPhone OS.

You envy them for their LACK of choice and options? Odd way to go, but ok.

Upvote 0
Root may be as far away as the iPhone 3GS jailbreak. Or it could happen tomorrow.

I'm counting it on not happening.

I normally do not respond to "Negative" comments, but I am having a particulary annoying Monday at work so....

What is the point of stating that you are "Counting on it not happening"?

It is your opinion and I have no problems with your lack of faith or pessimism, but why share it in a Positive and Supportive thread?

This is exactly why our Dev Team and site is not available to the public!
Imagine spending all night poking through Kernel code and trying hundreds of different exploits and nearly bricking your phone and then waking up to see your post.
It would make you feel like it was all for not :(

Please lets keep this thread positive :)

Forgive my small rant....
Our whole team appreciates all the amazing support and patience from this community, and I personally thank you all!

And ignore the Negatives....We will Root this phone!!

Upvote 0
You envy them for their LACK of choice and options? Odd way to go, but ok.

It is quite odd. Iphone users have to wait a full year before a new iphone comes out. If you didn't realize it, in the year it takes for the new Iphone to come out, Android makes leaps and bounds in devices and software. Since the last phone came out, we've gotten the Droid and N1, they have ...the ipad?? A lot of people said the N1 was gonna be a big game changer, i have a feeling the changer is gonna be that sweet Incredible. Android users grow by the day. If you feel like the grass is greener on the Apple side, then i feel sorry for you

Upvote 0

Well, sometimes I too wish there weren't so many phones to choose from. Sometimes, simplicity is best.

The Incredible shouldn't be envied by N1 users, unless they want half the memory and Sense to slow them down. Newer HTC phones all seem to look the same. The HD2, the Eris, the Imagio, I think, and now the Incredible.

Wait til the N1 comes to VZW and this phone gets sold to a crack dealer for the N1's full price.

Upvote 0
I normally do not respond to "Negative" comments, but I am having a particulary annoying Monday at work so....

What is the point of stating that you are "Counting on it not happening"?

It is your opinion and I have no problems with your lack of faith or pessimism, but why share it in a Positive and Supportive thread?

This is exactly why our Dev Team and site is not available to the public!
Imagine spending all night poking through Kernel code and trying hundreds of different exploits and nearly bricking your phone and then waking up to see your post.
It would make you feel like it was all for not :(

Please lets keep this thread positive :)

Forgive my small rant....
Our whole team appreciates all the amazing support and patience from this community, and I personally thank you all!

And ignore the Negatives....We will Root this phone!!

That was a rant??? C'mon, man, you barely sounded miffed...

:D:D

Upvote 0
Root may be as far away as the iPhone 3GS jailbreak. Or it could happen tomorrow.

I'm counting it on not happening.

I actually didn't even finish writing my post. I was typing it out on my phone, and forgot about it.

I'm not a negative guy, nor did I intend that to be (although the start of it seemed to be) negative.

There's a 'BUT' statement, if you will.

That's kind of already been covered, in direct response to me though.

I've used *nix systems for a long time, have done quite a bit of small-program coding (including Java) and am a computer technician. Before reading about the work being done on this phone, I attempted rooting myself via many methods (for example, as for the Hero) before coming to the understanding that this would be a completely different animal.

Without having further understanding of how this phone operates, uses permissions, or runs its processes, I'm right where everyone else is. Except for my understanding of the situation. I'd like to think that it WILL be rooted, and VERY much appreciate the efforts of those trying. I'd love to work on this, myself even. I was trying to be realistic, and it came out negative. I'm not trying to rain on a parade.

My 'BUT' was going to be about the efforts (of those working on this) not being in vain, and this phone being an amazing piece of machinery, with or without Root. Those who worked to develop the phone, and close the holes that were open in the Hero and other phones, obviously command respect for their work. Clearly, they've done their job pretty well.

Anyway, I'll stop typing now. I very much appreciate the time and effort spent by those working to root this phone, particularly at the expense of their personal lives! Thank you, gentlemen and ladies.

Upvote 0
Hey man, I know how we can help these devs! $$$ :D

I mean, if I was busting my a$$, I'd like to get paid too! Now, I know they don't and wont ask for money, but since we - well at least I - don't know any of them personally, this is how I can contribute. Just a humble thought inside my big head. :cool:

I think the one who roots the phone gets $550 or something... last time I checked at least. That's a pretty good incentive I'd say. You can add to the bounty if you want.

Upvote 0
I think the one who roots the phone gets $550 or something... last time I checked at least. That's a pretty good incentive I'd say. You can add to the bounty if you want.

I'd say thats a damn good incentive. Thats enough for:
A: Verizon's ETF
B: a N1
C: Buy 550 Toyota stocks
O: 360, Wii or PS3
E: Buy some Saints memorabilia
F: Drink till your liver fails
G: turn it in for $550 in Quarters then swim in them
H: Get glasses or contacts if you didn't realize theres no (D)

Upvote 0
I'd say thats a damn good incentive. Thats enough for:
A: Verizon's ETF
B: a N1
C: Buy 550 Toyota stocks
O: 360, Wii or PS3
E: Buy some Saints memorabilia
F: Drink till your liver fails
G: turn it in for $550 in Quarters then swim in them
H: Get glasses or contacts if you didn't realize theres no (D)

I'm feeling much better about some of my more whimsical posts in these forums now.

Thank you. :D

Upvote 0
I actually didn't even finish writing my post. I was typing it out on my phone, and forgot about it.

I'm not a negative guy, nor did I intend that to be (although the start of it seemed to be) negative.

There's a 'BUT' statement, if you will.

That's kind of already been covered, in direct response to me though.

I've used *nix systems for a long time, have done quite a bit of small-program coding (including Java) and am a computer technician. Before reading about the work being done on this phone, I attempted rooting myself via many methods (for example, as for the Hero) before coming to the understanding that this would be a completely different animal.

Without having further understanding of how this phone operates, uses permissions, or runs its processes, I'm right where everyone else is. Except for my understanding of the situation. I'd like to think that it WILL be rooted, and VERY much appreciate the efforts of those trying. I'd love to work on this, myself even. I was trying to be realistic, and it came out negative. I'm not trying to rain on a parade.

My 'BUT' was going to be about the efforts (of those working on this) not being in vain, and this phone being an amazing piece of machinery, with or without Root. Those who worked to develop the phone, and close the holes that were open in the Hero and other phones, obviously command respect for their work. Clearly, they've done their job pretty well.

Anyway, I'll stop typing now. I very much appreciate the time and effort spent by those working to root this phone, particularly at the expense of their personal lives! Thank you, gentlemen and ladies.

Thanks for your reply....
Reading how you intended to post, I understand that that you were not trying to be Negative as I originally thought.
Please bear in mind that there have been lots of Negative Comments and Flaming so if I was a bit quick to judge, I apaologize.
I do understand what you are saying and agreee with you.
I am just quick to try and squash any negatives because I am very protective of Our Team.
Thanks for responding so civily :)
And thanks for your kind words :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones