• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[DEV] Sprint ROMs on Virgin Mobile - Think tank!

If you go to epic 4g touch development you can find it.It's called Kobridge's_ stock_Rom_CFL16Dso.zip you will need to download the modem an kernel to download mobile Odin first an have it on your sd it's the way install new recovery if you don't have a PC. PS USE aver jb 63 recovery kernel!!!

If you go to epic 4g touch development you can find it.It's called Kobridge's_ stock_Rom_CFL16Dso.zip you will need to download the modem an kernel to download mobile Odin first an have it on your sd it's the way install new recovery if you don't have a PC. PS USE aver jb 63 recovery kernel!!!

can you write it out step by step? that made absolutely 0 sense and there's no links. :(

edit: nevermind, got it to work. 3g/4g works, but I haven't got the chance to test mms yet.

edit2: I was right, everything works except mms. I'm sure this can be fixed too just by editing some apn settings, if anyone figures out how to do that we'll be able to use sprint roms!

you need to have mobile Odin on your sd beforeyou install the Rom so you reflash recovery[ because this Rom wipes recovery an leaves you with none the way to go is to is to o th this step by step .make shor you have mobile Odin on you sd before you flash this Rom. And tar for avet to23 recovery !!!!

Just got the Galaxy S2 4G for X-Mas, Gotta say I'm loving this phone .
Are we only rooted so far ?? No AOKP or Paranoid Android ?

you need to have mobile Odin on your sd beforeyou install the Rom so you reflash recovery[ because this Rom wipes recovery an leaves you with none the way to go is to is to o th this step by step .make shor you have mobile Odin on you sd before you flash this Rom. And tar for avet to23 recovery !!!!

I didn't have mobile Odin on my sd, does that mean I'm stuck? Oh well, this rom is flawless anyway.

Can anyone who has gotten any of the Jellybean roms from XDA flashed onto their phones write out a step by step guide for it? I've been looking for a simple way to do this but it all seems so complicated. I'm usually okay with doing this kind of stuff but it just isn't clicking right now.

I used the aget recovery that came with the one click root.1 download kobridge modem an Rom vFl16.2 go into recovery wipe all install modem an then Rom .to reinstall recovery you will need aget fk23 recovery kernel an pc or mobile Odin an that recoverys tar file to reinstall a recovery.

Nothing yet unfortunately. :(

Well that sucks what do we need ? Kernel ? Or do i need to start from source ? I've got the knowledge just need to know where to start, & this is my first decent Samsung so any quirks or bullshit i need to know that any other Dev's have encounterd ? Must have jeallybean lol.

Well that sucks what do we need ? Kernel ? Or do i need to start from source ? I've got the knowledge just need to know where to start, & this is my first decent Samsung so any quirks or bullshit i need to know that any other Dev's have encounterd ? Must have jeallybean lol.

Just start from the epic 4g touch source. You shouldn't need any kernel changes and I believe it will not take much to get them to work on virgin mobile. Like I said in my other post MMS and possibly 4g issues can arise, but those should be solved by changing the APN and MMS settings in the source.

Just start from the epic 4g touch source. You shouldn't need any kernel changes and I believe it will not take much to get them to work on virgin mobile. Like I said in my other post MMS and possibly 4g issues can arise, but those should be solved by changing the APN and MMS settings in the source.
Just getting all my PC's back up & running again, I only have my Windows 7 up & running, no linux distro up & running yet (Kids) but anything i can help with i'm on board.

Alright I'm going to try to start pulling in cm and PA aokp and king king sources for the epic 4g touch. Eventually I would like to fork the repos of of them that are needed to edit and maybe make a github organization for our phone and maintain it to make source building ROMs easier for us to do.

I'm also trying to build a fj12 sourced based kernel for stock based VM ROMs( I know we don't have any yet but I'm sure it won't be long) that gas a cwm 6 recovery with it so that we can have a recovery in a kernel that's actually made for our phone, even though there ain't much difference between the fi27 source and the fj12.

Coming from the Optimus V, ROMs and flashing on this phone is very foreign, how is it different? Can you explain Fl27 or these names you are throwing out.. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom