• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[DEV] Sprint ROMs on Virgin Mobile - Think tank!

Not yet for me I'm still running kuban kernel it flashed fine threw aget runs good I 'll let you know when I try it! But it's an aget kernel it should work fine!

And if you flash kuban kernel you get kuban recovery however his recovery is nearly identical to agats which are all based on cwm 5.

And yes unfortunately the way this phone is, the recovery and kernel have to be packed together. But kubans recovery should be compatible with agats as he built his recovery off of agats!

I don't have the phone but you should definitely test this because sometimes even changing the recovery version has been known to make backups incompatible, any time you change recovery you should definitely make a new nandroid and verify it.

Hi, my whole problem with all this is that when i rooted my phone with the directions in this thread >> [GUIDE] ***How-To Root Using rwilco12's One-Click Repack Kernel & SuperUser***
it caused problems with installing CERTAIN apps from the play store because evidently that kernel isn't sighed by Samsung and some apps check for that and refuse to install, so i flashed the kernel in this thread >> Link to stock VM ROM for SGS2
and my problems went away since its a stock kernel, and im ok with this since im still rooted. but id like a custom recovery cause i like to make backups of my system and i like to make my own system frameworks and its much easier to flash custom frameworks with a custom recovery (i hate the puke green status bar icons) so does any one know if any of these kernels in this thread bypass the play store problem with installing certain apps (when i say certain i mean like 2 out of 10 apps wouldnt install)

May need to do a separate thread but has anyone tried the Volume+ app for this phone? I know its made for Gingerbread but I read one review on Play Store that said it disabled his audio permanently. Not sure what OS they were running or even what phone but it made me nervous about trying it.
Just curious if anyone has tried it.

Are there any developers working on porting the sph D710_fk23 jelly bean update from the epic 4g touch thread to our phone?and if I try the jelly bean update from the epic 4g touch thread what kind of troubles will I end up with?

Well ant of them really. And check on the boost mobile s2 thread cause they have a thread about fixing mms and 4g on sprint touch wiz based roms!

As anyone got mobile Odin to work on our phone or can use kuban recovery to flash Rom zip file from jellyverse thread no pc to work with rite now.

So I really want to get this phone but I have some questions. Does this phone have a CM or Paranoid Android ROM for it? And other then no MMS what else breaks when you try to put a ROM onto it? 3G/4G?

Ha everyone fl16 jb Rom you can install mobile Odin an get back the recovery reinstalled.everything is working fine with this Rom so fare.

Back
Top Bottom