• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {DISCONTINUED}MegaTron 6.2.5 (Updated 7/13/13)

anyone else had a Force close while recieving a phone call? Its only happened once. And I'm still having issues with the ringtones and notification sounds not woking 100%..I'd say they are working about 40% of the time. Kinda odd....

Try going to settings and go to sound and select phone ringtone and choose "android system" then select any ringtone from there and tap on ok. call your phone to se if it works or not for the next few hours.

Upvote 0
I was having the same issue with not having any sound when getting calls/text messages. I went in titanium backup and restored the dialer storage from a previous (pre-megatron) backup. It says app not installed but titanium says restore complete anyway. Haven't had an issue since and I've been callin my phone steadily for about the past two hours just to make sure.

Upvote 0
The hidden menu allows you to change certain system settings like the MMSC URL for MMS messaging, and you can change the vocoder settings to 4GV for faster data connection and stuff like that... There's some other settings too, but I would use extreme caution in playing with any of the settings in there until you talk to anyone that knows exactly what each one does, could have the potential to seriously mess up your phone. the hidden menu requires that you have your MSL code as well, so you would need to have that as you have to enter the MSL code twice before getting into the settings for hidden menu...

Now that we have the "Hidden Menu" how do I get to it and speed up these slow data speeds... :D

Upvote 0
Hey Chev, a quick couple question. In the instructions where it says to delete .android_secure and all that, I only needed to do that before partitioning the SD, right? If the files re-appeared but I haven't flashed Megatron, do I need to delete them off the SD before I flash?

Doesnt matter it will re-create thoses files on first boot of MegaTron

Reactions: xaelith
Upvote 0
<<<< LOOKY at my Device settings :D :p

Very smooth and responsive. If Megatron is this quick without OC, I can't wait to see it when the new kernel comes out :cool:

Thanks for all your hard work, Chev and mav. Greatly enjoying Megatron so far. :D

EDIT: Oh, by the way...I got the "install update" that DMajor was talking about as well. Could I fix that by downloading a build.prop editing tool and change it?

Upvote 0
<<<< LOOKY at my Device settings :D :p

Very smooth and responsive. If Megatron is this quick without OC, I can't wait to see it when the new kernel comes out :cool:

Thanks for all your hard work, Chev and mav. Greatly enjoying Megatron so far. :D

EDIT: Oh, by the way...I got the "install update" that DMajor was talking about as well. Could I fix that by downloading a build.prop editing tool and change it?

That's how I stopped the update notification. Rom toolbox. Edited all lines in build.prop from fd11 to fg11.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
Yeah, same here. Five or so lines had to be changed. :rolleyes:

Now there's just the task of getting the home screens and accounts set back up, and I'll be good to go. :p

EDIT: Ok, update notification popped back up after the phone rebooted... :thinking:

Forgot to add you either have to delete the notification from /cache or move it somewhere else. Sorry bro.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones