• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DISCONTINUED] MegaTron 6.2.5

I had this happen to me before and a lot of the problem came from the SD card. Built up app data you didn't know was there. That's where all your gallery pics are stored, too. Maybe there are duplicate folders causing it to loop when you open it as its not sure which to open.

Easiest thing I've found that clears up a lot of problems is to copy off your SD card what you want to keep. I.e. photos, music, the like and delete everything else. Copy what you need back over and the rest will rebuild itself on boot

Reactions: wetbiker7
Upvote 0
I'll give it another go tonight. Thanks guys :)

Make sure you're following these steps please. :D

1) FACTORY RESET
2) WIPE CACHE
3) WIPE DALVIK
4) REBOOT RECOVERY
5) FLASH ROM
6) FIX PERMISSIONS (Optional) If you do fix permission, let the ROM boot up completely, then go back into your recovery and fix permissions. Some ROMs will not allow you to fix permissions until after 1st boot. I found that out with my S3.

Hope you get it working. I just flashed the Megatron version on my buddy's Prevail and he's happy as can be. :D

Upvote 0
I can't receive incoming calls now unless the dialer is already open for some reason. It'll show in the notification bar that I'm getting an incoming call then when I click on it, the dialer crashes and momentarily it will show that it lost all cell reception. Outgoing calls and incoming calls while the phone app is open work fine. I need some advice here, I'm hoping there's a quick fix for this but I haven't seen anyone else with this problem.

Upvote 0
I can't receive incoming calls now unless the dialer is already open for some reason. It'll show in the notification bar that I'm getting an incoming call then when I click on it, the dialer crashes and momentarily it will show that it lost all cell reception. Outgoing calls and incoming calls while the phone app is open work fine. I need some advice here, I'm hoping there's a quick fix for this but I haven't seen anyone else with this problem.

Bro, I have no idea what's going on with your phone. When in doubt, start from scratch!!!! That means downloading the ROM again and everything!!! Also MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE STEPS LISTED ABOVE. You have got to get all the data off that phone before you flash a new ROM.

Just a heads up too, there are dialers available on the Play store that you can use in place of the stock dialer if you are still having issues (which you shouldn't). You should not be having any issues AT ALL with the Boost version of this ROM. You are running the Boost version aren't you?

Upvote 0
Bro, I have no idea what's going on with your phone. When in doubt, start from scratch!!!! That means downloading the ROM again and everything!!! Also MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE STEPS LISTED ABOVE. You have got to get all the data off that phone before you flash a new ROM.

Just a heads up too, there are dialers available on the Play store that you can use in place of the stock dialer if you are still having issues (which you shouldn't). You should not be having any issues AT ALL with the Boost version of this ROM. You are running the Boost version aren't you?

Thanks dude, yea it's Boost. Is that normal to be faster now after fixing permissions? Also, can I get rid of the stock dialer and contacts and flash a 3rd party apk to the system for it?

Upvote 0
It worked right after I fixed permissions but now it's doing it again. It's not letting me get incoming calls. Freaking com.android.phone stops responding and force closes.

You are doing a factory reset and everything listed in my earlier post, correct? If so then we are gonna try things a little differently....;)

I am uploading one of my versions so be patient. It's uploading now.

When it's done I am going to send a link via PM so check your inbox in about 15 minutes.

Special instructions will be included in the PM. Please make sure you follow them exactly. :) I know they are gonna seem like overkill but let's give it a try. ;)

Upvote 0
Howdy all, I would like to report that Megatron (sprint) works successfully on the "Straight Talk LG L85C". It is the Marquee with the home button changed to the second button. They are incorrectly calling it the black.
Everything works well except for receiving pictures, (downloading), and that works fine with GoSMSPro. And yes, CT Mod works well also.

Upvote 0
It worked right after I fixed permissions but now it's doing it again. It's not letting me get incoming calls. Freaking com.android.phone stops responding and force closes.

What's up man? I took the time to upload you my copy of the ROM, write you a tutorial and you haven't even let me know if it worked or not?? lol

Well, did it?????

Reactions: chevanlol360
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones