• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Do I have Sense 2.1 or 3.0?

Thanks for the heads-up, I have a feeling that mine won't either. Is there another kernal that you would recommend?

when i used Mik3d, i either used golden monkey or lithid's more freedom but on most of the other sense roms, i usually use Chop Suey...seems to give me the best battery life

when i used Mik3d, i either used golden monkey or lithid's more freedom but on most of the other sense roms, i usually use Chop Suey...seems to give me the best battery life

Ive been using the chopsuey universal kernal. The freedom kernals are good for over/under clocking and since i dont quite understand all that yet I havent had the chance to use them much even though I hear alot of good things about them.

1. if you're not running Amon RA as your recovery, i would switch to it...
it can be found HERE. don't forget to rename it to PC36IMG and flash it via hboot.
2. i use VR Superwipe, found HERE.
3. i would recommend MikG 2.5, found HERE.
4. download the 2.51 (with kernel) and 2.52 patches also.
5. place 2, 3 and 4 on your sd card.
6. perform a nandroid with Amon RA.
7. wipe data, cache and dalvik-cache ( i wipe 3 times )
8. flash VR Superwipe ( i flash 3 times )
9. flash MikG 2.5
10. flash 2.51 patch
11. flash 2.52 patch
* i flashed the rom and the 2 patches in the same recovery without any issues
12. reboot

Followed the steps down to a TEE, works for about 10mins and then come the FC's, I'm done with the Mik Roms, anyone suggest anything else comparible? Something somewhat fast and conservative on power? Thanks!

I think some of the ASOP roms are good for under clocking but you would probably need to get a program for under clocking the cpu to get better battery life(SetCpu which is in the market). I personally don't like the look of those roms though. Im current using the green lightning rom which is pretty snappy and comes with a freedom kernal built into it. but like I said you its the kernel that's going to give you better battery life. Try the synergy RLS1 or the green Lightning with the chop suey kernel and let us know how that works and remember to wipe real good when flashing ANYTHING.

I am also on Sense 2.1.....Are there any restrictions as to what ROM's I can flash? Like do only Sense 2.1 roms work because my phone force closes tons of apps and goes into the boot screen constantly.

I am also on Sense 2.1.....Are there any restrictions as to what ROM's I can flash? Like do only Sense 2.1 roms work because my phone force closes tons of apps and goes into the boot screen constantly.

did you accept the OTA or something that put you on the 4.53 software? i cannot see why it would matter...this is the first i've ever heard of people having so many force close issues...ESPECIALLY on a mik rom....i think those are by far the most stable well built roms out...granted everyone makes good roms...but i rarely here issues with mik roms....im running the new sense 3.5 rom and havent had any force close issues....there are some bugs but its still a beta...

Back
Top Bottom