• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Do You Go Down To 1G When You Flash Through Boost?

So when you actually call boost and flash through one of their representatives, (I already have an old boost phone ready to go), does mobile service get knocked down to 1G? Is there an extra cost?

I don't know much about flashing to boost but I would say no, you shouldn't get knocked down to 1g.
There is a guide to flash it to Boost around here and you will need your donor phone to do so.
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/460035-evo-4g-boost-mobile-guide-evo-3d.html

Yes it is a long thread and like I said, I am not familiar with flashing phones.
Take your time and read thru it and read thru all the posts to see what others have had issues with along with the resolutions for them:)

it will depend on where you are at. boost should have 3g, but most custom roms will show what true value of your mobile data actually is. htc has made it so that the stock rom will always show 3g regardless if you actually have 3g signal or not. so most people may think they are getting 3g when in reality it is actually 1x.

(there is no actual 1g as far as signal goes. 3g refers to the technology as in 3rd generation. so when you say 1g, that would mean you are asking about the 1st gen technology.....just an fyi)

hope that helps.

i've had my evo 4g flashed and rooted to boost for about a year now. I get 3g just fine, now since i've flashed a rom, I now get the 1x icon that I never had before. But i've been using a sprint prl over the boost one.

when you have the 1x icon is it in a low signal area?
is the speed super slow at that time?
And does 3g icon also come up or only 1x

it will depend on where you are at. boost should have 3g, but most custom roms will show what true value of your mobile data actually is. htc has made it so that the stock rom will always show 3g regardless if you actually have 3g signal or not. so most people may think they are getting 3g when in reality it is actually 1x.

(there is no actual 1g as far as signal goes. 3g refers to the technology as in 3rd generation. so when you say 1g, that would mean you are asking about the 1st gen technology.....just an fyi)

hope that helps.

i've had my evo 4g flashed and rooted to boost for about a year now. I get 3g just fine, now since i've flashed a rom, I now get the 1x icon that I never had before. But i've been using a sprint prl over the boost one.
yep my post above is the reason why you have 1x now. it is because you are on a custom rom. you most likely were getting 1x, but like i said htc made it so the phone always shows 3g when in reality you never were on 3g.

edit: curious what rom are you on?

So when you actually call boost and flash through one of their representatives, (I already have an old boost phone ready to go), does mobile service get knocked down to 1G? Is there an extra cost?

The mobile data service you get on a flashed phone is dependant on the data service type of the donor phone.

Back
Top Bottom