• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DockRunner App ..check it out!

I grabbed the DockRunner app today after realizing the actual dock will not work with my phone case, and it's too much trouble to take it out of the case at night and put it back in the case every morning. :thinking:

The app seems great but all day today my phone calls crashed mid-call. The phone screen went dark with the buttons at the bottom still showing (add call, end, dialpad etc.) but the buttons won't work- the phone is seriously "stuck" and I have to turn it off to render it responsive again. Has anyone else experienced this? I uninstalled Dockrunner, but I think I will try to install it again before I give up hope...

By the way, the only other thing I did today was pair my bluetooth headset to the phone and that is turned off to rule it out as the crashing culprit. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0
Hi, just installed Dockrunner, overall think it's keen. (Yes, probably have to plug in at night, prop up for full benefit/effect.) Anyway, what I notice, is that once I quit Dockrunner, my ordinary home screen does not flip to landscape when I rotate the phone. That's different and I'm thinking it's a Dockrunner glitch.

Orientation rotates when I open the keyboard or another app, such as browser. but not my home screens. (I have confirmed auto-rotate settings.)

A bug to be fixed?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones