• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DROID 2 OTA update!

Ah have been waiting for the update and was getting annoyed it didn't pop up. Thanks, worked like a charm

Flappy paddle gearbox instructions.

Get the file from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10937565/Droid/Blur.zip
Put this file in the root of your SD card (/sdcard) and name it Update.zip (make sure that it isn't update.zip.zip, which is a common mistake).
Turn your phone off.
Open the keyboard.
Hold the "x" key on the keyboard.
Turn the phone on (still holding the "x" key).
Wait for the "yield" sign on the display.
Release the "x" key.
Press the search key on the keyboard.
When the menu appears use the arrow keys to scroll to "apply sdcard:update.zip" and click the OK button to select it.
Wait for it to finish.
When it's done use the arrow keys to select "reboot system now".
You're done.

jason

Flappy paddle gearbox instructions.

Get the file from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10937565/Droid/Blur.zip
Put this file in the root of your SD card (/sdcard) and name it Update.zip (make sure that it isn't update.zip.zip, which is a common mistake).
Turn your phone off.
Open the keyboard.
Hold the "x" key on the keyboard.
Turn the phone on (still holding the "x" key).
Wait for the "yield" sign on the display.
Release the "x" key.
Press the search key on the keyboard.
When the menu appears use the arrow keys to scroll to "apply sdcard:update.zip" and click the OK button to select it.
Wait for it to finish.
When it's done use the arrow keys to select "reboot system now".
You're done.

jason

got tired of waiting for the update to hit my phone so i used this method successfully. Fixed my wifi connecting issues !

Another question.... I am rooted, deodexed, zip aligned, w a theme... Thinking about doing this with the file from Whoevers drop box that is... Would being deodexed make this not work and send me to paperweight mode?

Another question.... I am rooted, deodexed, zip aligned, w a theme... Thinking about doing this with the file from Whoevers drop box that is... Would being deodexed make this not work and send me to paperweight mode?

I'm not an expert (or even a beginner) at deodexing, so I'm not positive, but I suspect that being deodexed will make a difference and would prevent the update from being successfully applied.
Guessing. Sorry.
Jason

I still would like to know if I should do this update myself on the R2D2 droid or if I should leave it alone since my version number is higher.

being deodexed has nothing to do with it. it just allows you to apply themes. you can still update.

being deodexed has nothing to do with it. it just allows you to apply themes. you can still update.

Thanks for the response... I'd assume I'd have to redeodex... Starting to understand or trying to lol all that can be done and what's happens when you do what... There is a zip w 2.3.20 deodexed already floating around the interwebz, but that doesn't update the kernel or baseband as far as I'm aware... Im not planning on installing roms, so updating those shouldn't matter (I think) but I'm not quite sure what updating those does... Meh, thanks for answering my question

I am having serious issues with this update and flash playing nice together. Anyone else?

Give me an example and I'll try to recreate it, see if I can troubleshoot on my phone since I honestly haven't come accross any problems.

I have already recieved the update and have not experianced any negative issues. Seems smoother, the docking interface is much better IMO. Battery life is hard for me tell because I have a dock station here at work and since Angry Birds drains the battery pretty bad I think regardless of the update, I just can't tell yet if battery life is any better. This is the first time I have ever recieved an OTA update coming from the D1 and I've only had the D2 one month as of yesterday. Normally I did the update manually. As soon as I saw an update was coming out I went to the About Phone and checked for system updates and there it popped up.

After trying all day yesterday with no success, finally got it today. Looking forward to seeing some improvement in battery life.

Just got the OTA and im rooted....what do i do? unroot and install or install without unrooting?

EDIT: Seems i have to unroot first.

Back
Top Bottom