• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Droid X and Bluetooth headsets

Martimus

One bite at a time...
For all those early adopters of the Droid X, what Bluetooth headsets have you been using with the Droid X and how well have they worked?

I think that I've likely invested in more than a dozen bluetooth headsets over the years (Motorola, Plantronics, Jabra, Jawbone, Sony Ericcson, and BlueAnt)... only to find that the sound quality when paired to my various bluetooth-capable phones has been less then awe inspiring. And worst of all is the quality of the connection between my current Omnia 1 and the bluetooth-enabled Alpine stereo in my car!

I don't know about anybody else but I really hate having people tell me that I sound like I'm in a tunnel or a well. :eek: One would have hoped that they'd realize that my voice always sounds like this!! :p

I have a BlueAnt Z9i that I'll be testing with my X once it arrives. It has worked well for me so far.

BlueAnt T1 works fine. I can hear the other person on the other end quite well. The only downside is that the caller on the other end here's a slight static noise(like when you click over on a walkie talkie) at the end of a response. Otherwise, it works well.

Bob- whats even cooler is that the clipper has a built in mic so right now i'm talking on the phone using an expensive noise cancelling set as my bt headset. I use the jx10 in the car and the clipper at home.

I'm using both Jawbone Icon and BlueAnt T1 successfully. I think the Bluetooth implementation on the DX is excellent. My iPhone bluetooth was brutal - echos, reverb, yuck! Just another reason to be a happy DX owner. :)

My BlueAnt Z9i that I mentioned above works great. I've used it a few times. Forgot to report back after trying it out

check out this forum. that clipper looks pretty sweet...gonna pick one up later.

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-accessories/152015-bluetooth-stereo-headset.html#post1442009

for some reason link wont work...just copy and paste it

The predecessor to the Jabra Clipper is the Jabra BT3030. To date the BT3030 has been my favorite headset. First thing I replaced on it, however, was the stock earphones. Use a set of good sennheiser earphones and the sound quality was awesome. The BT3030 was small, easy to use, and it discretely fit on the chain with my dog tags, Gotta love that!!

The predecessor to the Jabra Clipper is the Jabra BT3030. To date the BT3030 has been my favorite headset. First thing I replaced on it, however, was the stock earphones. Use a set of good sennheiser earphones and the sound quality was awesome. The BT3030 was small, easy to use, and it discretely fit on the chain with my dog tags, Gotta love that!!

i was gonna get one of those instead, but i could only find them on ebay shipped from china. and not a big fan of that. so i got the clipper.

i was gonna get one of those instead, but i could only find them on ebay shipped from china. and not a big fan of that. so i got the clipper.

The only thing I never really liked about the BT3030 was that it was so discrete that people wouldn't always notice it. As such when I'm talking on the phone I had lots of people, including friends, who assumed that I was talking to myself! :eek:

There's already enough people in this world who think I'm fugging nuts! :D

I'm currently using the Plantronics Voyager 510 which i have used on several previous phones. It works great with Voice Commands and Is very crisp (audio wise).

I am having problems with it when i use DriveSafe.ly. I do not get to hear DriveSafe.ly read txt or emails. I have been in contact with their support but nothing has helped. I am looking at getting a Motorola H17txt which will work with DriveSafe.ly.

I am having problems with it when i use DriveSafe.ly. I do not get to hear DriveSafe.ly read txt or emails. I have been in contact with their support but nothing has helped. I am looking at getting a Motorola H17txt which will work with DriveSafe.ly.

I think your problem is with the blue tooth profile. I am trying to find a way to switch profiles myself. I am a part time chauffeur and would love to stream regular audio to my headset (moto H700).

When paired, it says it's connected to phone. When I pair my S9's, it says it's connected to phone and media audio.

I really want to hear my media through my regular headset. It would not be very professional to wear the S9's when working.

Yes, Jawbone Icon is Awesome! Thats what i am using, and is very nice, good response from the people im talking to on the phone. Very good sound quality.

Although i must say, that listening to music, and live streams, the quality is a bit sub-par, however i cant compalin, its the best bluetooth ive ever owned!

I have the Jawbone 2 and it works great.

I had an iPhone 3G and when I upgraded to the latest version 4.0 software, you could hear the custom ringtone that you had set up for a friend, both playing on the phone and in your ear via the bt headset. With the Droid X when the phone rings you get the standard notification that there is a call. Is there anyway to get the X to transmit the caller ID ringtone to the headset while the phone is ringing?

Thanks,

Rick

i just tried the Jabra Clipper today for some mountain biking. picked it up at a local corporate store, charged it, synced it, and started my ride. not more than 2 minutes into my ride audio was cutting out. I was extremely disappointed. i really wanted it to work for me. i have a motorola S9 (original version, not HD) and it does the same thing. i returned the Clipper after my ride. i give up on blue tooth.

I have the Jawbone ICON and had really random connectivity issues. It would disconnect without warning and would pick and choose when it wanted to reconnect. Literally became unusable.

Got a Motoh17txt and it works well so far. The only thing I can't make work is having motospeak work to read texts and the like. Any suggestions?

I have had many BT sets with many smartphones from several Win Mo, Blackberry and Android over the past 5 yrs and my findings are:

-Jawbone for clarity to person on the other end when background noise is high,

-Plantronics 855 for best solid reception between phone(Best w/ any Motorola) and BT headsets. This Plantronics and Motorola phone was the combo that gave the best distance between the phone and headset when no close.

-Jabra Extreme for great 1-ear audio and good call quality but not like the Icon for call quality.

I've found that the more current BT headsets(i.e.- Jawbone Icon, Jabra Exteme...) are not as capable with the connection between phones and headset and streaming audio breaks-up between the phone and BT even when each are on opposite sides of my body and even worse when outdoors with no walls to bounce the BT signal between them. But my Plantronics 855 with the same phones does not do this very much at all and has the further distance capabilities when listening to audio while phone is in another room, etc. and it's a few years older in technology.

Back
Top Bottom