• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dumb Bettercut question

Jason8

Dec 8, 2009
Okay I cannot figure out how to change the icon on widgets on my desktop. I open Bettercut in my drawer > new shortcut but don't know what to do here. It appears as though I should "Make your own" but how to properly fill this part out is not clear to me. Can't find any manuals online...I'm sure this is easy but I have no idea what I am doing.

As an example I am trying to get a custom Handcent icon...

If you're referring to the actual Handcent widget (that shows the unread count) then you can't change that with Bettercut, because it's not technically a shortcut, it's a widget. If you want to just change the launcher (shortcut icon) for Handcent, go to Bettercut > New Shortcut > Activity > Handcent SMS. I think the sub-name is HandcentExList or something like that. It should work to launch the app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones