• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dummy Question

dolfinluvr

If I wanted to find a book or something that was a android operating system custom roms for dummies kind of book what would i look for or do they even exist....

I actually saw an Android for Dummies at Barnes and Noble a few weeks ago. I didn't flip through it to see how thorough it was, but it's actually out.

I actually saw an Android for Dummies at Barnes and Noble a few weeks ago. I didn't flip through it to see how thorough it was, but it's actually out.

I think I bought that one from Amazon many months ago. It is on my Windows Kindle program. Don't really use the Kindle app on the phone much yet.

Of course, like many books, I have not read it yet.

I think I bought that one from Amazon many months ago. It is on my Windows Kindle program. Don't really use the Kindle app on the phone much yet.

Of course, like many books, I have not read it yet.
:D
No they just look good on a shelf... Oh wait you said on the kindle no shelf for you just electronic bits and bytes :p

:D
No they just look good on a shelf... Oh wait you said on the kindle no shelf for you just electronic bits and bytes :p

LOL. EXACTLY! Of course, I have been working a sales job for over 50 hours a week for 10 years. Because of the economy, business got so bad I was finally downsized in an already downsized several times operation. Next step, if the economy does not improve they will probably close down. At least I made it that long. But, it was killing me.

Anyway, got lots more time to read and learn something new. Just not as much money. But, a lot less stress and I started making preparations several years ago to be able to live cheap. The first step in that was getting divorced. I looked at that and at this as an opportunity.

Was today Friday? Let me check my phone notifications screen. I hate widgets. They sometimes lie about the weather.

LOL. EXACTLY! Of course, I have been working a sales job for over 50 hours a week for 10 years. Because of economy, business got so bad I was finally downsized in an already downsized several times operation. Next step, if the economy does not improve they will probably close down. At least I made it that long. But, it was killing me.

Anyway, got lots more time to read and learn something new. Just not as much money. But, a lot less stress and I started making preparations several years ago to be able to live cheap. The first step in that was getting divorced. I looked at that and at this as an opportunity.

Was today Friday? Let me check my phone notifications screen. I hate widgets. They sometimes lie about the weather.

I understand exactly what your going through. I was put out on a weeks worth of mandatory leave on Monday due to the market being flooded with our products. It would be good if they had let us use our vacation time, but they wouldn't allow it due to it being unplanned. This past week has consisted of Xbox, messing with my phone, TV, reading, and eating out of boredness. LOL!!!!!!!

I agree with the weather being wrong at times. Mine is showing it being 23 degrees with snow up here in N.C., but in reality it's 41 and pouring the rain. LOL....

I understand exactly what your going through. I was put out on a weeks worth of mandatory leave on Monday due to the market being flooded with our products. It would be good if they had let us use our vacation time, but they wouldn't allow it due to it being unplanned. This past week has consisted of Xbox, messing with my phone, TV, reading, and eating out of boredness. LOL!!!!!!!

I agree with the weather being wrong at times. Mine is showing it being 23 degrees with snow up here in N.C., but in reality it's 41 and pouring the rain. LOL....

Even with all the advances they will never be able to truly mathematically model the weather. The Butterfly Effect. I hate to say never, but...

You would think they could pay somebody to look out the window and see what is happening right now.

I have tried all the weather programs, I like many of them but now I go to our local TV station web site. Which I think pretty much is a feed, but I figure Maybe somebody there will look out the window so I don't have to get out of the recliner and look outside and forget where I put my phone down when I come back. Stir Crazy.

I just hate widgets because we keep them because they look cool, we actually use them only a few times a day but many of them drain the battery all the time.

Even with all the advances they will never be able to truly mathematically model the weather. The Butterfly Effect. I hate to say never, but...

You would think they could pay somebody to look out the window and see what is happening right now.

I have tried all the weather programs, I like many of them but now I go to our local TV station web site. Which I think pretty much is a feed, but I figure Maybe somebody there will look out the window so I don't have to get out of the recliner and look outside and forget where I put my phone down when I come back. Stir Crazy.

I just hate widgets because we keep them because they look cool, we actually use them only a few times a day but many of them drain the battery all the time.

We used to have a "weatherman" on WLOS up here in Asheville who reminded me of Ollie from the Family Guy. LOL!!!! It was a running joke that he stepped outside and looked up into the sky before reporting the weather. He was so bad at forecasting that back in 93 he said that it was going to be 65 and sunny, but we wound up with 4 feet of snow during the Blizzard. All other regional weather predicted it, but not our local weatherman.... He's doing used car sales commercials now too. LOL!!!!!!
I have found that Accuweather is one of the most accurate apps though. I do wish that there was a true National Weather Service app. I've found several link apps, but they don't update regularly.

I like weather bug. Its accurate to about 2 degrees also has a radar and weekly forecast. Its pretty cool.

Weather Bug works pretty good too, but it never updated my location very well. It occasionally showed the weather for Kentucky eventhough all of my settings were right. ????

Weather Bug works pretty good too, but it never updated my location very well. It occasionally showed the weather for Kentucky eventhough all of my settings were right. ????

Its something in the settings. Or maybe it just likes me more. :p it said I was getting 3 inches of snow this morning and guess what? BOOM! 3 Inches on the ground!

And to answer your question its under preferences. Update intervals. Mine is 15 minutes.

Its something in the settings. Or maybe it just likes me more. :p it said I was getting 3 inches of snow this morning and guess what? BOOM! 3 Inches on the ground!

And to answer your question its under preferences. Update intervals. Mine is 15 minutes.

I had all of the settings set up accordingly, but it still had occasional issues, kind of like Open Signal showing me as being in Kansas. So I uninstalled...... LOL!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom