• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ESE53 & Swype...

Anyone else really missing swype after going to ESE53 based ROM? Really loving the rom, but kinda dying without swype. I hate manually typing in letter by letter when using the phone in normal position. Use to be able to fly through text and not have to go horizontal to type. Anyway, any idea when Swype for 2.1 is coming out???

There was a swype beta but I think its closed. I signed up for it awhile ago and swype works great on my phone

edit

http://beta.swype.com/

it says temporarily closed so you might wanna keep an eye on it

I have tried every flavor of ROM out there and Swype has run great with each one. No problems at all with the 2.1 based ROMs.

Anyone else really missing swype after going to ESE53 based ROM? Really loving the rom, but kinda dying without swype. I hate manually typing in letter by letter when using the phone in normal position. Use to be able to fly through text and not have to go horizontal to type. Anyway, any idea when Swype for 2.1 is coming out???

I'm also using Swype with absolutely no problems on ESE53. Read through this FAQ, it will help you. [FAQ] Bugless Beast 2.0.1 & 2.1

there as a procedure found on these forums that told you to set the regular keyboard first and then switch to swype or something to get it to work. I am sure with a little searching you can find it. It was buried in it though. Try the one named swype beta.

The new beta worked fine for BB ESE53 but with Cyanogen I have to uninstall and reinstall it at every reboot the force stop does not fix it on that rom ....err maybe the final 5.05 now works with the force close ...sry

OMG I love you guys. Originally my swype keyboard would come up but anything I hit it would make the acknowledge noise but do nothing. So I re-installed and it gave a warning that it was not designed for my device and may not function properly and did the same thing. Hence after going a week or two I made this thread. Well, after reading some of your responses saying it DOES work, I deleted and installed again and all working great!!! Awesome... BTW I'm on Adamz 6 rom

OMG I love you guys. Originally my swype keyboard would come up but anything I hit it would make the acknowledge noise but do nothing. So I re-installed and it gave a warning that it was not designed for my device and may not function properly and did the same thing. Hence after going a week or two I made this thread. Well, after reading some of your responses saying it DOES work, I deleted and installed again and all working great!!! Awesome... BTW I'm on Adamz 6 rom

Well, if we paid attention to warnings none of us would be rooted :D Glad it is up and running.

Back
Top Bottom