• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO # 4 going back

It's ashame at some of these comments you are getting

Believe me, I have been there(and had issues with my Evo)
and my father and his fiance are now on their 2nd and 3rd evo's respectively

My best suggestion is to try a different brand

Maybe an Epic?

HTC has had a few complaints about their build quality

If you do get another Evo, hopefully it will work out for you

Just remember you have the right to complain and take back any item for a problem no matter how trivial and silly it may seem.

I have noticed people are a little too devoted to their cellphones

Reminds me of abused victims who will always stand by their abuser no matter how many times they get their asses beat lol

Reactions: RoboMonkey
Upvote 0
I have noticed people are a little too devoted to their cellphones
I am not flaming you or anything, but when are you going to come to the fact that you are one of these people? Otherwise you wouldn't be here everyday!

Here, it's not that hard. Repeat after me:
Hello, I am carmendiva and I have an addiction to cellphones...........

Reactions: sagedil
Upvote 0
4 EVO's?? You sound like one of those customers who is a pain the A$$ to deal with. I get 10-15 EVO's EVERY week since launch and I haven't had one returned. MY store is also an ASC (Service Center) and I have seen one EVO (it was about 2 weeks ago) with a bad charging port. Really, go to AT&T and get 5 Iphones. I find it impossible to believe that 4 EVO's have been bad in a row. I have had my EVO since lauch day it is fine. So are all my other customers.

BTW, if you have really gotten 4 bad EVO's in a row--start playing the lotto, sounds like you get lucky!

Reactions: sagedil
Upvote 0
I thought I'd post this here (this is posted later in the thread):

Well my first EVO was defective with the screen sepration issue.
2nd EVO had a bad touch screen.
3rd was perfect...until I bricked it.
And you know about the 4th.

Now before flaming me remember I've had an EVO since day one, so a lot of my issues were new at the time.
Also every one of my issues had been posted on AF, so feel to look them up.

1st EVO: Not your fault
2nd EVO: What do you mean by this? All EVO's have grounding issues
3rd EVO: Your fault
4th EVO: I don't know what you did.

Honestly you shouldn't be having 5 EVO's. Your story should of ended at 2nd or 3rd.

Upvote 0
I am not flaming you or anything, but when are you going to come to the fact that you are one of these people? Otherwise you wouldn't be here everyday!

Here, it's not that hard. Repeat after me:
Hello, I am carmendiva and I have an addiction to cellphones...........

Let it be known, i was not trying to turn this thread into a thread about me(which is something that has been accused of)

read above post

Repeat after me
"My name is Eric and I feel the need to flame people on forums yet claim i am not flaming them"

newsflash you are

Nothing i said in my post was remotely anything flaming anyone or anything.
It's true...the OP has the write to complain and be upset about any issues that his Evo is having...why because he paid good money for it

Everything i said in my post was true and accurate

and i am not here everyday...I rarely post here

Instead of trying to yet again have another thread go into a pointless argument of chilidsh behavior send me a message because this thread is not about me or anything i really say or Hey...stroke my ego a bit and start a Carmendiva thread and bash and flame me there lol(that's a joke btw)

I am going to recuse myself from this subthread and only post in reference to what people say about the current topic and i suggest you do the same

Yours truly lmfao
carmendiva

Upvote 0
I have a question?

why is it that if someone has an error proof, perfect evo
that if someone has had multiple replacement and issues
it means that they are lying?

I have a near perfect Droid X(i am considering an incredible or another Evo since my college is in a perfect sprint area) and i dont have ANY issues with the phone that people have complained about...except blur is starting to bother me and i am starting to hate the look of the phone?

I'm sorry this is just a common ideology i always see in threads be it the droid, droid x, nexus one, evo or whatever phone

"my phone has been perfect since launch and..."
1)it must be user error if you had to get yours replaced(usually it isnt user)
2)you are complaining about a device that i deem perfect? You are a troll
or 3
some randomly ludicrous metaphor to describe the fact that someone's phone is perfectly fine in their eyes and anyone who complains is seeking attention or trolling or whining lol

just wonder why is that?

Upvote 0
Possibly because Robo admitted that one of the phones going back actually was User error (brick)?

The second one could possibly have been solved by the update?

I think the title could be misleading as just reading it would suggest that he had 4 defective EVO's and that is simply not the case. Nor do I think it's him being anal or OCD.

Upvote 0
Let it be known, i was not trying to turn this thread into a thread about me(which is something that has been accused of)

read above post

Repeat after me
"My name is Eric and I feel the need to flame people on forums yet claim i am not flaming them"

newsflash you are

Nothing i said in my post was remotely anything flaming anyone or anything.
It's true...the OP has the write to complain and be upset about any issues that his Evo is having...why because he paid good money for it

Everything i said in my post was true and accurate

and i am not here everyday...I rarely post here

Instead of trying to yet again have another thread go into a pointless argument of chilidsh behavior send me a message because this thread is not about me or anything i really say or Hey...stroke my ego a bit and start a Carmendiva thread and bash and flame me there lol(that's a joke btw)

I am going to recuse myself from this subthread and only post in reference to what people say about the current topic and i suggest you do the same

Yours truly lmfao
carmendiva
Damn girl, did a boy reject you or something today????

You blew that one way our of proportion. I was simply trying to say that you need to admit that you are crazy about cell phones just like the rest of here. After reading this post, you might be crazy in some other ways as well!

And just to note, you have close to 1,500 posts so it seams like you do post here quite a bit......

Now you need to apologize to me!

Upvote 0
Damn girl, did a boy reject you or something today????

You blew that one way our of proportion. I was simply trying to say that you need to admit that you are crazy about cell phones just like the rest of here. After reading this post, you might be crazy in some other ways as well!

And just to note, you have close to 1,500 posts so it seams like you do post here quite a bit......

Now you need to apologize to me!

No i don't really see a need to nor was there any rejection today

1500 posts don't mean that i post here in this section frequently

The majority of them come from situations like this about non important things

Like my "phone addiction" you've diagnosed me with

Upvote 0
Agreed, but some issues aren't minor...

DPP_0002.JPG

QUOTE]

Ok, is this a major defect? I've noticed is on my evo, only its just above each button (home, menu, back, search)? I thought this was normal because its uniform over all 4 buttons. It's not as severe as the pic posted above. The only time when i have noticed it is when im looking down at my phone. If i look straight on, i see nothing. I dont think this is worth returning though....love the phone.

Attachments

• IMG_2795.JPG
    IMG_2795.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2796.JPG
    IMG_2796.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 34
Upvote 0
QUOTE]

Ok, is this a major defect? I've noticed is on my evo, only its just above each button (home, menu, back, search)? I thought this was normal because its uniform over all 4 buttons. It's not as severe as the pic posted above. The only time when i have noticed it is when im looking down at my phone. If i look straight on, i see nothing. I dont think this is worth returning though....love the phone.[/QUOTE]

No that's normal, that's the LED for the buttons and those don't leak into the screen like my picture.

Upvote 0
Possibly because Robo admitted that one of the phones going back actually was User error (brick)?

The second one could possibly have been solved by the update?

I think the title could be misleading as just reading it would suggest that he had 4 defective EVO's and that is simply not the case. Nor do I think it's him being anal or OCD.

The brick he's referring to could be the double update brick issue.

Reactions: RoboMonkey
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones