• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ExtSdcard vs SD card??

Anyone know how to tell Chrome where to save downloads? I tried searching the interwebz and found some sources telling me it's in settings, but I don't see the same options in settings that those sources claim is in settings.

I have maybe 15 total settings in all sub-menus combined for Chrome, and download location doesn't seem to be one of them. On the desktop version of Chrome, I have way more options, and I can set the path of the download folder easily.

Upvote 0
I cant find it either mate. When you download something it should give you an option for where you want to save it but i dont know if that selection sticks and becomes default. Im in the habit of just downloading to the internal download folder then organising it myself :thumbup:

Glad to know I'm not the only one who can't find this setting. Perhaps they took it out when the updated Chrome...kinda like how they went backwards when the updated Maps/Navigation yesterday.

Pretty soon, Google will just use your phone FOR you :p

Upvote 0
Lol yeah. I wasnt much of a chrome user even b4 the update tbh. I wonder if the other browsers have that setting..... *off to check my beloved Dolphin*

After a quick look i dont think it has :thumbdown:

Firefox either

The stock Samsung Browser has this option...and I was using it for the first week I owned the phone. I can't remember all the reasons I switched to Chrome, but there were a couple for sure. The stock browser had trouble detecting when I would click on some small text link. Chrome zooms in if it's unsure where you clicked and lets you click on a larger version. I've gotten used to this on my son's Nexus 7, so I liked it on my Samsung.

In fact, the stock browser is quite nice...it has MANY options for customization. One thing I haven't found on either Chrome or the Stock browser is having a paragraph of text reformat itself to fit the screen when I zoom in. Sometimes I can zoom in too far and then I have to scroll left to right to see everything.

This is starting to get off topic...so I'll stop now :p

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones