• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fallout: New Vegas

There are some things that are really starting to piss me off about this game.

The biggest thing that is annoying me is hacking computers. Even the "easy" computers are quite difficult (much more than FO3) to hack.

But yea, I am loving this game a lot! The only other problem I have with this game is that I have been contemplating calling into work and school sick just to be able to play more.

Kratos

Upvote 0
Yeah, the computer in the school house is listed as easy but it's seven letters. I recall easy being 5 letters in FO3.

That was actually the one I was talking about when I made that statement.

Also, it seems that my power is horrible. I was taken down by a rad scorpion after three hits and I'm a level 5. Maybe I'm just too used to playing FO3 maxed out will everything and 100 on all but 3 or 4 stats.

Oh well, it's still fun.

Kratos

Upvote 0
I hear ya, Rota. With FO3 the main story line was very vague, and to be honest I really didn't know the point of the game until after I had completed it. With NV, at least for now, I know exactly what "my" purpose is and there are some side quests to make the game that much more fun.

The amount of meaningful sidequests in NV seem to well outnumber FO3. I'm liking the faction standings too.

I just learned the hard way to save often. I got really into exploring and got myself killed and lost about 40 minutes of play.

Upvote 0
i have not got this game yet
smile.gif

Upvote 0
That was actually the one I was talking about when I made that statement.

Also, it seems that my power is horrible. I was taken down by a rad scorpion after three hits and I'm a level 5. Maybe I'm just too used to playing FO3 maxed out will everything and 100 on all but 3 or 4 stats.

Oh well, it's still fun.

Kratos

I found another terminal listed as easy, and it was only four letters. Interesting.

Upvote 0
I think its just bad with this game that it has no connection to the fallout 3 like an expansion i would like to have just bigger game that would be awesome but i think New vegas is pretty cool ye gona play it for a while now..

Fallout 3 had absolutely no connection with the previous Fallout games. It should not have been called Fallout 3, it should have been Fallout: D.C. or something. New Vegas actually loosely follows a bit of what you would see in the original games, and is at least in the right region of the country.

So far I'm about 7 hours in, and loving New Vegas more than I ever did Fallout 3.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones