• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[FALSE. HTC has made 2.2 Avail NOW! 8-2-2010] EVO 4G Froyo 2.2 Update Suspended Indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.
snap20100802191515.png
Looks like it's available now

Okay, I am gonna weigh in on this. Why not? Almost everyone else has.
First off, the rep in that quoted conversation said that the "client initiated download" would be delayed. That doesn't necessarily speak to the HTC/Sprint pushed OTA that is said to be coming out this week in rollout fashion. Having said that, keep in mind that rollout means it comes to different areas and subscribers on different dates.
I was never counting on getting the OTA on a certain date. When they roll it to me, I will update, and that will be that. I don't need anyone to feel bad for me because I didn't jump in and download the manual version of 2.2, because I made the right choice for me, and still don't regret it. I am certainly not "suffering" using 2.1 on my Evo. It works quite well for me actually. I will get Froyo eventually, and untill then, I own the most amazing phone on the market at this time. It's all good.:D

Saw this topic and was a bit confused, since the Froyo update is definitely available for me too: 3.26.651.6 (84.34 mb). In Chicago, btw.

Hahahaha...I spoke to soon. Updated my PRL and Profile. Tried again and BAM! Froyo update. Downloading now!

Officially the file is:

OTA_Supersonic_3.26.651.6-1.47.651.1_releasem24cfnusl9dsrr6l.zip

...or something...

took about 6 minutes to d/l, rebooting and installing now.

Mine's working via the HTC software update. The moron at Sprint had no clue. Figures. I'm in Denver. What app will allow screenshots?

been following this thread for an hour or 2. Went and installed my zBoost signal booster, came in the house and OTA is available.

Located near Houston, TX (small town nearby)

Update was not available 1-2 hours ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom