• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[FALSE. HTC has made 2.2 Avail NOW! 8-2-2010] EVO 4G Froyo 2.2 Update Suspended Indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL,

i apologize for my part in this. The lady i spoke with actually had something she was reading that stated this would be pushed back. i guess Sprint , since they made the bold statement that they would be the first carrier to have 2.2 in the U-S, lit the fire under HTC to get it crackin'. im pleased it seems everyone is getting the download. ill go see if my device is ready for the update.

again, many apologies to all for any confusion. i updated the thread subject so hopefully that helps.

p.s. Crow (T. robot :D ) tastes good barbecued and with a good Margarita... :D

Hey everyone, HELP PLEASE! I dont know whats wrong! I am getting NO FROYO update!.. When I go to system update it shows System upgrade 1.32.651.6(13.14mb)- FOTA update and I dwln it like twice already and keep getting the same message..Has anyone had this same issue?... Please help

ALL,

i apologize for my part in this. The lady i spoke with actually had something she was reading that stated this would be pushed back. i guess Sprint , since they made the bold statement that they would be the first carrier to have 2.2 in the U-S, lit the fire under HTC to get it crackin'. im pleased it seems everyone is getting the download. ill go see if my device is ready for the update.

again, many apologies to all for any confusion. i updated the thread subject so hopefully that helps.

p.s. Crow (T. robot :D ) tastes good barbecued and with a good Margarita... :D

Well the update for those who downloaded the unofficial update isnt until later this week. Maybe sprint thought it was delayed for everyone???

Side note: So far everything is working great. H.264 recording only goes up to 800x400 though? Fix that HTC.

Used wi-fi. Took about 15 mins total to get 2.2. Only problem I have seen is the multi-touch keyboard kept force closing. other than that, thank you HTC.

Which keyboard, stock or Droid X? My stock keyboard is showing the tale-tale signs of being multi-touch now. Sounds about right since after the OTA update it showed the stock keyboard typing instructions tutorial (i was using stock keyboard when i updated)

I don't think the OTA update has been pulled. I checked for software updates from the phone and it said it was available. I just downloaded it not 5 min ago and it is currently installing on my phone.

Hey everyone, HELP PLEASE! I dont know whats wrong! I am getting NO FROYO update!.. When I go to system update it shows System upgrade 1.32.651.6(13.14mb)- FOTA update and I dwln it like twice already and keep getting the same message..Has anyone had this same issue?... Please help

You have to be on the latest 1.47.651.1 before you can update to this release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom