• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[FALSE. HTC has made 2.2 Avail NOW! 8-2-2010] EVO 4G Froyo 2.2 Update Suspended Indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked to a few people at sprint customer service and the update has been pushed back via 8:00 pm central time, dont know if anyone knew this yet but that is what they have said

You big meanness will eat your words when he is right tomorrow. Some people on here need to learn how to treat others with the common decency we are all entitled too. The early release has problems maybe the official release does too:/

Tex

How do you feel, now that people are downloading it tonight?

Anyone that did the unofficial update able to download and install this or is it just for us that didnt install the unofficial update?

over on xda some are saying no and some are saying yes. i am just waiting for the rooted version, Ava on xda said he had the final release already earlier today and was already working on it. One reason i did not believe the op, lol.

here is the thread where they are talking about installing over the .3 version.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=743113&page=5

I was watching attack of the show earlier and the ticker bar at the bottom said froyo was coming out for droid later this week and for evo 4 g tomorrow

Downloaded the OTA in about 3-4 mins, had it on USB also, went black and disconn/reconn to USB about 4 times during the process. Now it's up on 2.2 - awesome :)

I think the mods should keep this thread open, so the same nay sayers can post there complaints concerning the upgrade here? its good house keeping everything together.

Its not coming, HTC/Sprint how could they do that!!!
Its coming im upgrading, its takes to long!!!!
Its sucks should of brought an iphone

@OP - No offense, but WOW, talk about world class bad timing LOL :p

Update's installing on mine. 1st thing i noticed (thanks to details provided by early downloaders), keys at bottom light up slightly earlier than screen when power button's pressed ;)

I also had to f/c the LED Light app. I notice a small click sound when i open the camera though, anyone else? I'll be testing the rest of the "unofficial" glitch fixes later if need be

Frozen Yogurt... NOM NOM NOM *tastes like chicken*

Used wi-fi. Took about 15 mins total to get 2.2. Only problem I have seen is the multi-touch keyboard kept force closing. other than that, thank you HTC.

9:45 pm est in Ohio updated to Froyo. Downloaded over wifi because of poor reception in house. Glad I did because it was a super fast download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom