• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [FAQ-GUIDE] ClockWorkMod Optimus Elite

Hey Artine,

I editedd the install instructions in the ClockworkMod thread. They should be more safe and less confusing. Feel free to update this thread with them.

Thanks.

I'm wondering if I opened es file explorer and move the bin file from external sd card to sd card does that mean I'm okay?

I'm wondering if I opened es file explorer and move the bin file from external sd card to sd card does that mean I'm okay?

EDITED:
Sorry, right information for wrong thing lol ...my bad, but yes the root of the SD card is just the main file of the SD without being in any sub folders

Do that or just modify step 5 to something like...

5. Type dd if=/sdcard/_ExternalSD/part_13_cwm_9_21_11_54.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 and tap the [Enter] key

(change the bin file name too if you're flashing a build other than "part_13_cwm_9_21_11_54.bin")

@ktb; Thank you - I've updated the instructions from your updated post, and FWIW I will keep updating the instructions in step 5 with the current build.

I've tried this numerous times and always get the error " cannot open for read: No such file or directory".
I'm staring at the CMW in my /sdcard.
Thoughts?

This happens on Step 5.

@ktb; Thank you - I've updated the instructions from your updated post, and FWIW I will keep updating the instructions in step 5 with the current build.

Whoops... "Close the terminal emulator app." should follow step 6. Sorry about that.

I followed the instructions and it works great but 2 simple questions how to u select things using cwm and do I still need to keep the bin file in my sd card??

I've tried this numerous times and always get the error " cannot open for read: No such file or directory".
Thoughts?

This happens on Step 5.

Try asking giantpune or ktb over here.

Whoops... "Close the terminal emulator app." should follow step 6. Sorry about that.

No worries, updated accordingly.

I followed the instructions and it works great but 2 simple questions how to u select things using cwm and do I still need to keep the bin file in my sd card??

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you navigate the menu via the volume keys, and either the magnifying glass / search capacitive key or the menu key acts as a select / enter key. Also, once CWM is installed - again someone correct me if I'm wrong - you are able to delete the bin file from your sd card without worry or negative consequences. Wait for verification on either of my statements here before applying them.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you navigate the menu via the volume keys, and either the magnifying glass / search capacitive key or the menu key acts as a select / enter key. Also, once CWM is installed - again someone correct me if I'm wrong - you are able to delete the bin file from your sd card without worry or negative consequences. Wait for verification on either of my statements here before applying them.

Affirmative this is correct, though I don't think the menu key selects just the magnifying glass/search key

Thoughts?

This happens on Step 5.

In step 5 are you naming the file properly and do have the path correct?

If the path is not /sdcard (where your file is stored, then you need to change it) move the file out of any sub folders and to the root of the SD card

ie: NOT IN /sdcard/External_SD

dd if=/"path of file"/"name_of_file.bin" of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14

You might want to add that your phone should be fully charged before attempting this.

Also, ZV5? I ran all system updates, so I should be good, but I don't know where to check for this ZV5 firmware specifically. Looking under Software Version in about phone comes up with LS696ZV9, is that what you're referring to?

LS696zv9 is the sprint/ting version. It is the only version I know of. So far, 1 person has said that they installed the cwm in a sprint phone and it worked.

You might want to add that your phone should be fully charged before attempting this.

Also, ZV5? I ran all system updates, so I should be good, but I don't know where to check for this ZV5 firmware specifically. Looking under Software Version in about phone comes up with LS696ZV9, is that what you're referring to?

LS696ZV9? what is that, sprint software version?

It has only, as far as I know, been tested on VM696ZV5 - that is, the most recent firmware update for the Virgin Mobile Optimus Elite. I couldn't say anything knowledgeable as to CWM's functioning on the Sprint version.

LS696ZV9? what is that, sprint software version?

Yes.

LS696zv9 is the sprint/ting version. It is the only version I know of. So far, 1 person has said that they installed the cwm in a sprint phone and it worked.

Updated FAQ accordingly.

It has only, as far as I know, been tested on VM696ZV5 - that is, the most recent firmware update for the Virgin Mobile Optimus Elite. I couldn't say anything knowledgeable as to CWM's functioning on the Sprint version.

It works on the Sprint version. I know, because it's on my son's phone.

Back
Top Bottom