• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fatality 2023.

Lesser-known to many, singer-songwriter
Tom Verlaine (whose band Television influenced the New York City punk scene in the 1970s) has died after a brief illness. He was 73.

RIP, Mr. Verlaine, with condolences to you fans, friends, family and loved ones. Thanks for sharing your talents.

Certainly best known for her work on “Happy Days” and the spin-off “Laverne & Shirley,” Cindy Williams has exited the stage of life. She was 75. I really enjoyed the show and like most boys in my age range had a huge crush on her.

Good piece from “Variety” about her: https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/cindy-williams-dead-laverne-and-shirley-1235507240/amp/

RIP, Ms. Williams, and thanks for sharing your talents. Condolences to your fans, friends, family and loved ones.

Certainly best known for her work on “Happy Days” and the spin-off “Laverne & Shirley,” Cindy Williams has exited the stage of life. She was 75. I really enjoyed the show and like most boys in my age range had a huge crush on her.

Good piece from “Variety” about her: https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/cindy-williams-dead-laverne-and-shirley-1235507240/amp/

RIP, Ms. Williams, and thanks for sharing your talents. Condolences to your fans, friends, family and loved ones.
:(:saddroid: I loved the Laverne and Shirley show, rest in peace Ms. Williams

My daughter's Guinea Pig Tanny crossed over the rainbow bridge tonight.:saddroid:
Perhaps him and Joy Noelle are hanging out basking in the warm sun;)

She was truly one of a kind. RIP and thanks for sharing your talents.
I will always remember her as two of a kind. (too soon?)

The wife and I had a discussion about her after we saw the obituary. We decided she was somewhere between Marylin Monroe and Jane Fonda. Perhaps the American version of Sophia Loren.

Oh Wow. I knew the nane was familiar.

Det. John Munch for a lot of my TV watching life, mixed with an obvious talent for stand - up.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sure he will be missed enormously by fellow actors from ' SVU, his friends and family. He was 78.
Homicide : Life on the Street was my favourite cop show of all time. The Wire much later also by Baltimore journalist David Simon I never watched.

Thank you, Munch. Rest in Peace.

SVU was filmed near my house (for better or worse).

I tried to watch The Wire several times but found it to be slow. Some call it the best TV show ever but I was never much impressed. And the author (David Simon) is a total explicativehead.

@Rob
Interesting about SVU.

Also - lol. Does that word abbreviate to an a with a h?

Homicide .. the characters, actors and story lines were great.

I would watch all the series' again in the right circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:
I caught this last week.
Great people still going strong as of 18th Feb 23.

I knew Gene Hackman and a few others were around. Others were a surprise. Ages were interesting too.

To put a little cheer if you have time:

Reactions: Rob
Back
Top Bottom