• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite App so far.... Developers please see link to Announcements above.

Rhapsody: I'm a long-time Rhapsody To-Go subscriber and I was excited when I stumbled upon a beta version of the Rhapsody app (not available in the Market). I've encountered few problems thus far and I've been surprised by the sound quality of the stream.

MLB At-Bat: I'm also a long-time MLB.tv subscriber (who says people don't pay for content?), so I'm excited about the upcoming unleashing of video. In the meantime, the audio game stream has been pretty good.

DataViz Documents To Go: It's very important for my work that I be able to review PDFs, Excel spreadsheets and Word documents and this app does an admirable job.

Upvote 0
Rhapsody: I'm a long-time Rhapsody To-Go subscriber and I was excited when I stumbled upon a beta version of the Rhapsody app (not available in the Market). I've encountered few problems thus far and I've been surprised by the sound quality of the stream.

MLB At-Bat: I'm also a long-time MLB.tv subscriber (who says people don't pay for content?), so I'm excited about the upcoming unleashing of video. In the meantime, the audio game stream has been pretty good.

DataViz Documents To Go: It's very important for my work that I be able to review PDFs, Excel spreadsheets and Word documents and this app does an admirable job.

Thanks for that. Didn't know about MLB at Bat!!

Upvote 0
AppBrain lets you browse and select apps from the Market while surfing on your computer then those apps can be synced with your Eris. You can also select app (or Multiple) apps to uninstall from your computer that will also sync with your Eris. Here is a pic of the AppBrain computer page.

Edit: Sorry img is so small.

Attachments

• AppBrain.PNG
    AppBrain.PNG
    57.2 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 0
Thanks for that suggestion of Stitcher. I never had a phone to do any type of podacsts and this is new to me, but I am liking it so far. Now to just find some really good ones to use on the way to work.. Alot of the stations are a bit long for my ride... Need some in the 10 minute or less range. I am sure there are some there for me, just have to look.

Thanks again..

Upvote 0
I have a question as far as compatibility ! I will be a free agent come December and will choose between the iphone or Droid....... I really want the Droid... So I am reading up on everything I can before I make my choice. I like that the Droid is an open source. But I worry about who is managing the apps.
Long story short ... I am lining up all my apps I want before I get the phone.. I see that I want the power manager, battery icon on home page, Locale, and many more................

My question is with all of these custom settings from locale, power manager, and other apps that can do custom settings on where I am etc. do these apps conflict with each other. I love to customize stuff. I use Firefox an a lot of times some of my extensions that I use to customize my browser conflict and conflict or crash the other tweeks I have added.
Is anyone finding this troublesome ? I love all the apps but wonder which one to download because there is not one that does all and a lot that seem to override each other on 1 or two tasks.

If I could write an app I would design one that does everything I like from many out there to keep it simple.... I'm loosing sleep just reading about all the apps.

I haven't had any issues with apps being incompatible with others and, believe me, I am updating and uninstalling apps all the time. If you want to be able to customize a phone, the Droid is it. With all the custom ROMS that are out there for a rooted phone, you can get this phone all tricked up like no other. You may even become addicted to messing with it. Go for it!

Upvote 0
DockRunner so far is the one I run all day (must be plugged in to AC! Battery intensive). At my desk all day, it is my clock and weather station. At night, its my alarm clock and (yes!) my flashlight when I start another fav.....,
DroidLight! I love this! It uses the LED flash to become a flashlight!
Screebl keeps the screen on while phone is in a docked position. (Thank you, app gods.)
WHERE is very useful as I am new to the area where I live.
Shopper is also useful to a newbie in a location.

As for the ICE stuff, it is a life-saving necessity for me as I have chronic heart failure. It would give EMS and docs necessary info, like my med list and my blood type. Its why I got the phone in the first place. I can't leave home without it.

Upvote 0
So far mine are -

EcoSave - It's a battery charging monitor and sets off an alarm when your battery is full. You aren't supposed to charge them past the battery being full, so this alarm tells you to unplug your phone, that the battery is full. It's awesome.

Hmm, wasn't able to find that in the market. Looks like a cool app from your description.

Upvote 0
I use Timeriffic to control my device's audio settings, screen brightness and wireless settings. Instead of Locale. It's free. (and fair disclosure, I'm the co-dev.)

Just downloaded this. Although I have tweaked my phone to where battery life is great, I do not run the GPS all the time like apparently Locale was needing. Now, while it's great in what it DID do....most of us have a routine to some extent and without the compromise of battery life - I can have complete control! Very nice app. Getting ready to set some additional profiles.

One of my favorite apps (this one is included now!) is Universal Password Manager. Clean, simple and I use the heck out of it every day. I need to know a LOT of passwords and work from various PC's that don't always have what I need autopop in.

Also, Swype has a learning curve, but once you get it, you'll never go back.
Thanks!

Reactions: dkaufman1
Upvote 0
Just downloaded this. Although I have tweaked my phone to where battery life is great, I do not run the GPS all the time like apparently Locale was needing. Now, while it's great in what it DID do....most of us have a routine to some extent and without the compromise of battery life - I can have complete control! Very nice app. Getting ready to set some additional profiles.

It's all about the profiles.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones