• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite App so far.... Developers please see link to Announcements above.

"KNOCKING LIVE" turns your phone's video camera into a mobile webcam!

So now you can call someone (or not) and send them a "Knock" When they accept, they can see on their phone (once they download the app) everything you are showing them LIVE and in REAL TIME!

Interesting app...but don't you need a forward facing camera for it? I can't imagine using this app with a phone that has the camera on the back...since you can record yourself but you won't be able to see the person on the screen o_O but I read some of the reviews, and some of the reviewers use it with their N1...interesting..XD

Upvote 0
As a newcomer to Android I'm yet to experience all the apps you're talking about! One of the first apps I downloaded is called Easy PDF. I needed a tool to help me organise a few expenses whilst travelling. Also I needed to capture them, and send them to my work email. This one just did that. I'd tried a cheaper alternative before that, however, I couldn't use it on my Droid and uninstalled it. It'a a nice app overall, good graphics, simple and easy to use, it's worth checking it out.

Upvote 0
Another AF Member mentioned this point ....
Think of the G1 as a Base Unit which you added the feature you like that make the phone personally yours ... with out the BLOAT of all kinds of features you might never use ... But can easy add with a special app most of which are free or very reasonably priced ...

IMO ... it is the best of all possibilities ...!!

I'm still new to the Android platform, just leaving the Pre I feel as if it's a breath of fresh air. I like my HERO and I'm glad for switching, I now know I'll love the EVO with its 2.1 all the better; however it would seem now that I've left Palm... Palm has all new apps coming out that really seem interesting and helpful.

http://www.precentral.net/nova-comes-webos-mayhem-ensues I miss the gameloft games and now they get NOVA... plus http://www.precentral.net/app-gallery/app-catalog/super-contacts really lets you arrange your contacts into tabs and groups.. and best of all lets you send mass text messages out per group. For instance, this past Easter I wanted to send out a mass text message to everyone, but didn't know what app to use or if it was possible.

Can anyone fill me in? Is it just the HERO that doesn't get gameloft or EA games... is there an app like the super contacts app on the Pre... is there a better one?!?! Thanks in advance guys

Upvote 0
currently my favorite apps are:

PhoneMyPC gives me access to my computer. I can use it anywhere my nexus has signal. works perfect for what I need, but am still looking forward to coming features.
Facebook - well duh!
Test Drive lets me download apps and makes sure I return them in time so I don't have to pay for apps I didn't want to keep.

Upvote 0
currently my favorite apps are:

PhoneMyPC gives me access to my computer. I can use it anywhere my nexus has signal. works perfect for what I need, but am still looking forward to coming features.

I looked at that yesterday and never could figure out, what I have to do to my computer to access it off my computer.

How's your PhoneMyPC experience?

Upvote 0
I love that little app! Screebl Pro has made my Nexus One even better than it already was. I used the Lite version for a couple of weeks and my only complaint was that Screebl didn't work very well when laying on my right side. Contacted the dev to yell at him (I think his name is "Dave" from the intro video) and he said that Pro might work better for me. Thought he was feeding me a line of BS, but it actually did!

Good app, good dev, good times.

Upvote 0
How to pick just one....

Liking the AppBrain Market Sync. Its got a whole lot better organization for the apps than the on phone Market. Least I can surf that and find stuff I want and download it to the phone right afterwards.

I'm hating being on cupcake still because half the really interesting sounding apps don't show up in the Market for me. Like Mini Info. /sad

Upvote 0
@ 3devious: sorry, what I meant to say is if you don't have a physical qwrty keyboard.

I get the benefit of the physical keyboard, but the software keyboard does work. (I just tried it out... You can do it, but man it is annoying! I guess it would be OK to edit functions, but I would declare war on everything if I had to use it all the time.)

Upvote 0
Megush- Usually if you hit the "back" button (on the phone, not swype) it will exit the tutorial and allow you to type.

Last I knew, Swype beta was closed. There are leaked versions floating around though. I have a beta version, and I love it. I couldnt really use the virtual keyboard on my Droid, and the "real" keyboard wasnt any better. Swype has made me a texter.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones