• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite Headphones

I've never used a headphone amp so it would be hard for me to answer that, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt. They sound better on my PC than my Evo, for sure.

Klipsch Image S4A are my other gamers, as I said earlier, if you're looking for in ear. Hard to beat them for $100 (maybe less on eBay).

Yeah have a pair of them, after 6 months I have to get them repaired, the wiring has come lose in the right bud and I baby my equipment so that pisses me off.

Upvote 0
Yeah have a pair of them, after 6 months I have to get them repaired, the wiring has come lose in the right bud and I baby my equipment so that pisses me off.

I hear that a lot, but I've had mine since I think May with no issue or even an indication of one. Granted that isn't 6 months yet, but still :p

I payed the extra 10 bucks at RS for the replacement, so I'm waiting on the new model to hit shelves so I can get those for 10 bucks. I won't feel bad because they shouldn't release a new product without telling me at least 6 months ahead of time.

But seriously, after a few nights of burn in, those things are the best all around bud you can find, not to mention they're made with one button instead of the iSheep's three.

Interestingly, I had Skullcandy 50/50s back in the spring and the mic didn't work with my Triumph, but the Aviator's mic does work with the Evo. I guess all Androids aren't made equally, but I see no logical reason why it would be different.

Upvote 0
It depends on how the jack is wired, fortunately it's become pretty well standardized. If you get a chance check out the thread over at head fi.org on the Fiio E6, it's the best $25 that you can possibly spend on a piece of audio equipment. Imho

Even something the size of an old iPod shuffle would be hard for me to grab on my way out somewhere, I fear.

Upvote 0
I want a pair of bluetooth beats by dre, too bad theyre so expensive:(

I use a Samsung HS3000 bluetooth transceiver, it's about the same size as a stick of gum, it has the mic built in and a standard 3.5 mm jack that allows you to turn any headphones into a bluetooth headset. Works very well and costs about $30 or so. You can find it on Amazon or Newegg. The transport buttons are compatible with Android so you can play/pause and previous/next track right from the device.

Reactions: phw8558
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones