• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Firmware Updates Coming

Agree with the logic, but i am within the 14 days so I just jumped the gun in trying to get this the way i need it to be.

I do appreciate the help, just never been so annoyed with something like this before. I think this phone has a good shot, but my D1 never gave me these troubles. :(
I had a D1 and my first one I couldnt do any OTA updates. It would freeze on the M logo screen. Couldnt even do a factory reset. As it would do the same thing. To hear the surprise in the service rep voice when it wouldnt do a factory reset was priceless. Then they sent me a second D1 and it was perfect.

That said every phone made is a hit and miss out the box. Just because your first was a miss. Dont mean the second one will be one too.

Upvote 0
Not 100% true... I remember with my Eris I flashed the leaked RUU prior to the official OTA. When the OTA finally was released, I - and countless others - never received it because my software version did not match the official stock version. The OTA checks for your current software version before sending you the update.

So, if you flash this RUU, or any others that will be leaked before the OTA is released, just know that you will not get the official OTA when it finally is released.

After finding this out, I had to wait until the devs were able to root the leaked RUU's and finally was able to root my Eris and never looked back.

I'd like to do this non-root update. But eventually, I want the OTA update. If the OTA update doesn't automatically happen, can't I just root the phone, flash the stock rom, and then do the OTA update?
Thanks.

Upvote 0
I'd like to do this non-root update. But eventually, I want the OTA update. If the OTA update doesn't automatically happen, can't I just root the phone, flash the stock rom, and then do the OTA update?
Thanks.

If you want to root, then you shouldn't worry about the OTA. The devs who create the ROMs will incorporate into their ROMs the new radio and software that are in the OTA.

Upvote 0
Update, so far this seems to be working, but I am noticing more 1X data vs. 4 or 3 (could be network in the area of work) but no BT pairing issues (so far...).

Thanks again for the help and sorry if i came off as an ass yesterday, was having a bad day and the wipe didn't help at the time.

** EDIT apparently there is the 4G outage so my 1x shouldn't be related to my device, just bad timing!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones