• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root First Flash!

RCope48

Just flashed Mik 2.61, piece of cake, all is well, and no issues thus far! So now do I want to reinstall TI and add whatever programs I want back? minus Data, just the app, right? and no red system files from the stock ROM, correct? too cool, Ive read so much about this on this sight, and I felt pretty comfortable doing it, any tips on how to proceed appreciated! thanks:p

Just flashed Mik 2.61, piece of cake, all is well, and no issues thus far! So now do I want to reinstall TI and add whatever programs I want back? minus Data, just the app, right? and no red system files from the stock ROM, correct? too cool, Ive read so much about this on this sight, and I felt pretty comfortable doing it, any tips on how to proceed appreciated! thanks:p

Before restoring apps I always check to see how much space I have left to restore to. (I have a bunch of aps lc was 125.) Also you can restore app data just not system data. And most definately nothing in red.

correct with tb.

go to the http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html. there is a flashing guide from argedion that breaks down the how to's and get everything setup just right for you.

Good job bud!
After the first time it gets easier, and easier. Then you start to do it during the week instead of just on weekends. Then you find yourself doing it at work, at the park, at the rugby pitch, at Burger King at 5am Tuesday morning because your wife won't let you do it at home anymore. You're doing it locked in the bathroom pretending to drop a deuce.
You're hooked and you don't even know it HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!
(Evil Scientist Laugh)

:D

Welcome to the forums and the club!! Don't hesitate to ask questions here, you won't get flamed on this forum. Good group of folks here, rude people are not tolerated in these parts. ;)

Good job bud!
After the first time it gets easier, and easier. Then you start to do it during the week instead of just on weekends. Then you find yourself doing it at work, at the park, at the rugby pitch, at Burger King at 5am Tuesday morning because your wife won't let you do it at home anymore. You're doing it locked in the bathroom pretending to drop a deuce.
You're hooked and you don't even know it HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!
(Evil Scientist Laugh)

:D

Welcome to the forums and the club!! Don't hesitate to ask questions here, you won't get flamed on this forum. Good group of folks here, rude people are not tolerated in these parts. ;)

I used to get the are you on that phone again thing from my wife so when it came time I got her a droid she plays games all day long don't have time to ask me if i'm on that damn thing again :D:D:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

The first thing I would do is wipe everything again and flash the new MikG v3.

Seriously? I haven't figured out all the new stuff on this ROM yet! I changed the themes, the lockring, boot animation screen, sound, everytime I go to do something I discover something else! too cool, still haven't got my exchange working, not sure whats going on there, but I don't want to hear from work anyway:) So tell me a little about MikG v.3? I assume its a sense ROM, I like the bells and whistles, and like messin with stuff, known issues? thanks for all the help!

God, I remember the pumped feeling I got when I first rooted my phone. I was one of those "I am just rooting to remove all of the bloatware" type of guys. After about a month that all changed, I flash around 3 roms a week now.

Heck I flash roms while I play video games now...no real "rush" anymore.

Sorry, just seeing your thread talking about your first time rooting/flashing a rom brought up memories.

God, I remember the pumped feeling I got when I first rooted my phone. I was one of those "I am just rooting to remove all of the bloatware" type of guys. After about a month that all changed, I flash around 3 roms a week now.

Heck I flash roms while I play video games now...no real "rush" anymore.

Sorry, just seeing your thread talking about your first time rooting/flashing a rom brought up memories.

I agree. I'm feeling a small sense of nostalgia as I type...:rolleyes:

Seriously? I haven't figured out all the new stuff on this ROM yet! I changed the themes, the lockring, boot animation screen, sound, everytime I go to do something I discover something else! too cool, still haven't got my exchange working, not sure whats going on there, but I don't want to hear from work anyway:) So tell me a little about MikG v.3? I assume its a sense ROM, I like the bells and whistles, and like messin with stuff, known issues? thanks for all the help!

Well after messing around with it for a day, i would probably just hold off until some more tweaks are added. There isn't quite as much added as i was hoping for and it feels about the same to me.

And born and raised in Missouri but living in the kc area now just on the wrong side of the state line now.

Back
Top Bottom