• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flat Earth Believers... I DONT GET IT!!!!

^Not quite as bad as a rocket, but they've opened up a "shop" locally.

20180317_093451.jpg

The guy who opened it's a young lad who came in to a bit of cash via inheritance.....

"Trust your senses"? Yeah, that's what the ancient Greeks did - that and think about what those senses were saying (e.g. how constellations changed as you travelled South).

Or, you know, just consider that you can see the peak of a mountain from a distance but not the base - even though the base is larger.

Or learn how surveying kit works, hire some and make a few simple measurements along a canal. Though that does require some basic maths.

It's a shame that Concorde is no longer operating: a friend of mine won a trip in that, and said that because it flew at about twice the altitude of a typical long-haul airliner if you looked out of the window you could see the curvature of the Earth. Cheaper and safer than making your own rocket :)

Mind you, it would also be cheaper and safer to attach a camera to a high altitude balloon. Schools do it all the time these days. Or is he afraid that the CIA will interfere with the pictures before he collects it?

I've never done much research on the subject because it's.... Well, I won't say anything mean about it.

But I'm curious what the argument is against photographic evidence? We have photos of our planet and other planets from space, and they are obviously not 2 dimensional cirlces. I've seen photograpic proof that the earth is indeed not flat. So prove me wrong.

I've never done much research on the subject because it's.... Well, I won't say anything mean about it.

But I'm curious what the argument is against photographic evidence? We have photos of our planet and other planets from space, and they are obviously not 2 dimensional cirlces. I've seen photograpic proof that the earth is indeed not flat. So prove me wrong.

Nasa faked it. Just like the Moon landing.

I think people are so lost that they don't want to believe the truth anymore.
Like a cult follower.
Sad but true...

The WeChat Terms of Service(ToS) comes to mind here..
http://open.wechat.com/cgi-bin/newr...pen/docs/mini-programs/operations/regulations

6.Informative content

6.1. WeChat Mini Programs must not publish, send, disseminate or store the following content prohibited under national laws and regulations:

  6.1.3 Content which incites racial hatred or ethnic discrimination, prejudices national unity, undermines national religious policy, or promotes cults or feudal superstition.

If you really want to know.. Ross and Carrie (from the Oh No Ross and Carrie podcast did a summer investigation into flat earth groups and answers to that question varies from, "Nasa hasn't produced a photograph/ its mind control that they play in aircraft/ its mind control everywhere to subjue the population/ it isn't if i believe it isn't

http://ohnopodcast.com/investigatio...rt-1-pizza-shaped-earth-edition?rq=flat earth

Its a fun investigation... but... not as good as their series on scientology... http://ohnopodcast.com/investigatio...entology-part-1-going-preclear?rq=scientology

Is the sun flat also?
Presumably the Sun is quite small and orbits the Earth. And the reason it's still night here in Europe when it's morning in Japan is because light moves slowly (it's famous for that, right?). Though I'm not sure how it can also be morning in California while it's afternoon in Japan, because at some point the Sun must go underneath the Earth to get back to the start - maybe there are two Suns, spaced out so that we only see one at a time...?

Maybe the flat sun rotates like a coin and we cannot see it when the edge is facing earth. That explains dusk.

bwhahahaha I don't think it gets any crazier than this! :D

I think this man is going to die!

If you decide to exit the earth's atmosphere you must be very very careful of your design... for certain craft you need to have a certain degree for re-entry lol or you will bounce on the earth's atmosphere like a skipping stone getting annihilated and if you have not insulated your craft properly you will disintergrate!

It can get as hot as 2900 degrees c and that is just certain it can get even more insane! depending on your design!

looks like Mike Hughes is suicidal!!

If he saved up enough money he could pay the someone to put him into orbit with tried-and-tested technology. But maybe he'd be worried that the whole thing was faked, e.g. the "windows" were really screens projecting images of a spheroidal planet. If your hat has enough layers of tinfoil maybe you just can't believe anything unless you do every bit of it yourself?

And that's the more telling thing about "flat Earth" beliefs: it's not a matter of ignorance, or of taking a skeptical view of received information, because if it were these beliefs wouldn't last a day. In order to believe this you not only have to be able to cherry pick what "facts" are acceptable in a way that would make a climate change denier or young Earth creationist proud, but you also have to believe that there is a vast conspriacy to deny facts and fake evidence and explanations, for reasons that are far from obvious to me. In fact to believe that such a vast conspiracy could be prosecuted for centuries (or have the conspiracists been able to retcon all historical records too?) with such perfect secrecy seems almost a bigger stretch than denying the evidence of your own eyes (i.e. choosing never to look at anything that might cause you to question the idea that the world is flat).

well ... it is not a fuel rocket burn.. but a Steam powered???
so the danger to onlookers are not that high... unless it explodes... from pressure.

Assumingly he never saw a globe :O

Seriously get the horizon thing, but when you drive into it, what you see, oh wait the earth is round as a bowling ball twats :)

Back
Top Bottom