• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For all those hoping to drop (lower) their tariff on O2

steslatt

Android Expert
If you have an O2 contract, it used to be the case where after half your contract term was up you could lower your tariff to the next tier down each month. Sorry to say this is not the case any more. I just spoke to O2 and was informed that now you can only drop your tariff once after half your term. :(

This actually coincides with what they told me when I transfered to this tariff.

I had a conversation ina thread about this and someone told me about

I had all my family on o2 [5 adults] but when they did not budge an inch to lower the price for me when I wanted the Desire I moved to Virgin with my daughter following on behind soon after and my wife and youngest son going to Three. Eldest son does his own thing and is still with o2. Will probably move to Three when I upgrade as the Virgin 3g is much poorer than Three over here in Ulster.

I am currently using a three sim pay as you go and it is a lot better than my o2 contract for 3g/HSDPA. I will be sticking with three now because of this and the unlimited data.

you guys are lucky at least you can drop it, vodafone do not allow in contract tariff changes now, your tariff stands for the life of the contract.

Bit more disheartening news on this one, If you took out a contract at Launch (or before the tariffs changed to capped data) you will be told that they can only drop you onto a new tariff. This will mean that you lose your unlimited data package.

For those who need it, you can add 1GB for

Williamj1 uses giffgaff and I considered using them and buying a handset outright before taking this contact. Wish I had.

Bit more disheartening news on this one, If you took out a contract at Launch (or before the tariffs changed to capped data) you will be told that they can only drop you onto a new tariff. This will mean that you lose your unlimited data package.

For those who need it, you can add 1GB for

Yes I am disappointed too. So when my contract renewal is due, I'll probably terminate and go to GiffGaff and keep my desire until I can afford something else.

Yes I looked into giffgaff but the unlimited data does not include tethering and its an o2 network so its no good for me at work. Hopefully ill be getting a 3 contract if they have the evo 3d when its out. If not ill be buying it sim free :(

Yes I looked into giffgaff but the unlimited data does not include tethering and its an o2 network so its no good for me at work. Hopefully ill be getting a 3 contract if they have the evo 3d when its out. If not ill be buying it sim free :(
i dont know how they can detect you are tethering anyway if you dont hammer the bandwidth too much

its not like iphone where you have to have a bolt on to enable it through a software feature

Back
Top Bottom