• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Formated whole phone not realizing phone was rooted

This one does the same thing. I not sure what else to do.

ok well that is weird then. it does not seem to be software as mikg, and supersonic 3d, plus the other rom you tried all are having the same issue. this leads me to believe that it might be a hardware issue.

the only thing i can think of is to re-lock the bootloader, use a ruu to get you back to stock (both rom and recovery) and see if you are still having issues.

if that fixes it, then we can either leave it that way or we can then root the phone again if you like.

How would I do that?

these are the files you will need:

re-locking the bootloader
1. ok move the first three file into a folder and call it android(that is what i call mine, but you can name it whatever you want).
2. open the command window from this folder(windows 7/8, hold the shift while right clicking on the folder and select "open command window here" option)
3. in the command window enter this command and hit enter:
Code:
fastboot oem relock
4. reboot the phone

installing the stock rom and recovery
1.download the 4.67 PC36IMG file and rename it by deleting everything but the PC36IMG part in the name. make sure not to add an extra zip as windows hides extensions.
2.move it to the root of the sd card that means on the top level of the card and not in any folders.
3.power off then press and hold power+vol down. this will take you to the bootloader. if you named the file right and it is on the root of the card then it will ask you to update. select yes.
4.reboot the phone.

hopefully this will work.
[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom