• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Free paid apps :-) (NOT PIRATED - WE SUPPORT DEVELOPERS)

Prime85

Android Expert
I bet a lot of people are coming here thinking it is pirated apps.

We don't condone pirating on this site. Support the developers.

Now back to the topic. Most probably know this already I've been doing it for a month now but the noobs might not know.

The Amazon market app gives away a different paid app for free everyday.

I bet a lot of people are coming here thinking it is pirated apps.

We don't condone pirating on this site. Support the developers.

Now back to the topic. Most probably know this already I've been doing it for a month now but the noobs might not know.

The Amazon market app gives away a different paid app for free everyday.

now what about SnappzMarket its a android app store identical to the android market but the only difference is they have agreements where every app is free as long as the customer is given the oppertunity to support the dev.

when you go to the snappzmarket any app you find on the android market can be there too and if it is its free with a download button and a support devs button.

so if this is a entire app market doing this is this still waraz and hence illegal on this forum?

Well, i just downloaded an app from there and the first thing it said when i opened it was "This App Was Cracked by ____" I won't post the name it gave but, to me, that is warez.

Well, i just downloaded an app from there and the first thing it said when i opened it was "This App Was Cracked by ____" I won't post the name it gave but, to me, that is warez.

Thats what im trying to figure out if it is waraz or not i understand that it says app cracked by and all the other information on there too, But if it truly is warez and this is stealing and pirating apps then how can they bluntly put it in the face of Google and Google does nothing.

if the devs are allowing it and Google is allowing it i think there might be an agreement between the company and Google otherwise there committing felony's over there and they would have been shut down at least that's my take on it if rational judgment is being used on Google's part.

or they could be operating out of GERMANY which they are i just saw that but they claim if there is any legal issues they will contact the dev and sort it out so i dont know smells like warez feels like warez but looks like android market

if it truly is warez and this is stealing and pirating apps then how can they bluntly put it in the face of Google and Google does nothing.

The Snappzmarket app isn't on the Market so it's outwith Google's control. The app downloads aren't from the official Android Market either, so the same applies. On the face of it this looks decidedly suspect.

The Snappzmarket app isn't on the Market so it's outwith Google's control. The app downloads aren't from the official Android Market either, so the same applies. On the face of it this looks decidedly suspect.

I love me some w@rez, but....don't trust phishy looking places like this and other 'app markets' I saw vids on in Youtube..... who knows whats lurking in those apk's.....

It's better to support devs and keep cool apps/games coming to our Androids instead :)

I love me some w@rez, but....don't trust phishy looking places like this and other 'app markets' I saw vids on in Youtube..... who knows whats lurking in those apk's.....

It's better to support devs and keep cool apps/games coming to our Androids instead :)

Agreed

I deleted everything I dl from there. Most places like that have seriously bugged out apps and are usually way outdated with no way to update. I'll stick with the market and Amazon app store and a couple other 'trusted sources' that I know don't steal from developers!

KEYWORDS, if you download any app and they say CRACK or HACK, than its pirated app, and here at AF we support our Dev, and there will be no support for crack/hack apps...;)

So what many of you are saying is that you are too cheap to spend a couple dollars on an app that you like. It's not like you cannot afford to after paying close to $400 after tax for this phone.

Nope, what most seem to be agreeing on in this topic is that pirating is (a) wrong and (b) prohibited here on Android Forums. :)

Sounds about right to me. If users would pirate all their apps then developers would make no money. Now if the developers dont get compensated for their hard work then they have no reason to make better apps.

Nope, what most seem to be agreeing on in this topic is that pirating is (a) wrong and (b) prohibited here on Android Forums. :)

Sounds about right to me. If users would pirate all their apps then developers would make no money. Now if the developers dont get compensated for their hard work then they have no reason to make better apps.

Yes, that's correct...:p

This may be slightly OT but:
I found a game on the market that says my Esteem is not compatible with the game, and wouldn't let me pay for it and install it. I would gladly pay for it, but supposedly it doesn't work with our phone. I found an "unofficial" site that had this game, downloaded it and it works flawlessly. So the question is what do I do to get the "official" game and pay for it?
I found the website of the developer, but I'm NOT giving my phone number out for them to test my phone.

Ok so i guess this answers my Question

even though the snappz market looks legit and runs just like the app market they are not signed into a agreement with Google there for there apps are stolen.

i just wish that google would clamp down on these sites because i was under the impression that they had signed into a agreement with google to port apps over

honestly i never paid attention to where it says this app cracked by because i was lead to believe that was because the person cracking the signature of the apk one worked for snappz and two had to list this information to let us know that the app was not signed by the dev but by snappz instead for download.

well i guess ill have to delete that market from my phone

so what about amazon giving away free apps im sure amazon isint paying the dev $100'000.00 dollars in a day for the 100,000 apps that get download in a given day because its a free app. They have a signed agreement right?

Don't use those for 2 reasons:
A) Over 90% of all malware comes from outside the real android market
B) As a developer myself, I can tell you that unless you make a blockbuster paid app you're not going to make anywhere close to a living doing this. It's more like musicians that are broke but do it because they like it lol... How many MC's are still handing out CD's in the hood after going thru a record label?
And that little ocasional dollar that does come into our pocket makes that little sparkle in our eyes come out like when you catch eyes with a sexy woman that's actually looking back lol... Don't take my sexy woman away haha.

Don't use those for 2 reasons:
A) Over 90% of all malware comes from outside the real android market
B) As a developer myself, I can tell you that unless you make a blockbuster paid app you're not going to make anywhere close to a living doing this. It's more like musicians that are broke but do it because they like it lol... How many MC's are still handing out CD's in the hood after going thru a record label?
And that little ocasional dollar that does come into our pocket makes that little sparkle in our eyes come out like when you catch eyes with a sexy woman that's actually looking back lol... Don't take my sexy woman away haha.

as a musician who gets a tiny but respectable royalty check twice per year, i highly agree with this post! :D

they are not signed into a agreement with Google there for there apps are stolen.

No agreement is required from Google to distribute apps. What is required is permission from the copyright holder i.e. the developer.

i just wish that google would clamp down on these sites

It's nothing to do with Google. Developers don't have to use the Android Market if they don't wish to.

so what about amazon giving away free apps im sure amazon isint paying the dev $100'000.00 dollars in a day for the 100,000 apps that get download in a given day because its a free app. They have a signed agreement right?

Amazon will have a contract with the developers to pay a sum for the right to feature their app(s).

No agreement is required from Google to distribute apps. What is required is permission from the copyright holder i.e. the developer.

It's nothing to do with Google. Developers don't have to use the Android Market if they don't wish to.

Amazon will have a contract with the developers to pay a sum for the right to feature their app(s).

Ahh ok i see Good info thank you

You get a different free app every day at Amazon AppStore. Amazon AppStore gives away a different paid app everyday. That is a paid app that usually costs money, (i.e., the Full/Pro/Ultimate/Deluxe/Ad-Free/HD/Whatever version,) but Amazon gives it away for free. A different one every day.

I have been getting quiet a bit of very nice paid apps from Amazon, for free: OfficeSuite Pro (that is a $14.99 app but I got it for free,) Ultimate Guiter Tabs and Tools ($7.99, but free), Read It Later Pro ($2.99), Townmen 6, Trial Extreme, etc. etc.

I have only started paying daily visit to Amazon AppStore for about two weeks, and I have already gotten over $20 worth of free apps; and I did not grab everything that was offered for free. I only downloaded the apps that interested me. That is about 70-80% of what have been offered.

Also, Amazon Appstore often has cheaper prices than Android Market for the same apps:

Majesty: Fantasy Kingdom Sim
Amazon AppStore: $2.90
Android Market: $2.99

Cyberlord Arcology
Amazon AppStore: $0.99
Android Market: $1.39

JuiceDefender Ultimate
Amazon AppStore: $1.99
Android Market: $4.99

(BTW, I bought Majesty and Cyberlords from Android Market - that was before I discovered Amazon AppStore. I felt so ripped-off. :( )

I have not found anything that was cheaper on Android Market. I recommend everyone go and download and install the Amazon AppStore App immediately! Even if you do not want to spend a dime on buying any app ever, you will still get shitloads of paid apps, all for free, from Amazon.

I still pay for apps; but when I do, I rarely get it from Android Market anymore. Amazon AppStore is just so much better. The only reason I would get something from Android Market is when Amazon AppStore, for some reason, does not have the app, (i.e., it's an Android Market-exclusive like Emissary of War.)

UPDATE: I've changed my mind. I've just found out Amazon AppStore has a very serious problem: its apps are outdated. Amazon AppStore rarely if ever updates its app.

Too many apps on Amazon AppStore are outdated and rarely receive updates like Android Market frequently does. I have stopped buying apps from Amazon unless the apps are cheaper than in Android Market. I only use Amazon AppStore for one reason: to grab the daily freebies. I recommend you do the same until Amazon decides to keep their apps up-to-date.

i use Amazon everyday, and the money that it had save me is amazing, and the office suite for the phone is an awesome app (IMO). :)

I click on all the free apps but dont download them to my phone. just in case i ever need them i dont have to pay for them. I believe i have 45 differnent free apps saved up not on my phone.

I click on all the free apps but dont download them to my phone. just in case i ever need them i dont have to pay for them. I believe i have 45 differnent free apps saved up not on my phone.

I do the exact same thing! Been doing it since the Amazon App Store came out.

Back
Top Bottom