• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Froyo Source-Built SS 4.3 [7/1/2010] - 360 Degree Desktop/Launcher/Phone - New Icons!

Hmmm...

That first big change seems like one hell of a great idea. The fact that the phone is displayed in landscape mode when in the car dock would be outstanding (and frankly...it should have been this way from the launch of 2.0 when Google Navigation was released)!

Some of the biggest changes in 4.3:

1. FULL 360 Degree rotation on your desktop, your stock launcher, AND the phone. You may not have noticed, but the stock launcher will not rotate the desktop unless the keyboard is slid open. Neither will the phone. Both of these rotate now, and with 360 now you can do everything on your phone upside down . I also would like to give credit to cyanogen who initially wrote the source.

2. Proximity sensor for the phone fixed. What's this mean? When you put the phone to your head, the screen goes off to prevent hitting keys with your face. However - if you tilt your head to the right you will notice that the screen comes back on! This has been fixed in 4.3; proximity sensor works in these circumstances now

3. New icons (BIG thanks for y0rk for the awesome icons)

Guess it's going to be a busy day for me. My wife's new Droid is coming today and I'll be rooting it and putting on the Pink Kangerade Froyo ROM for her and now it looks like I'll be flashing a new ROM on mine as well.

Installed this last night - nothing synced - nothing updated - no contacts. Boooo - usually love Chevy's stuff

All my stuff synced and updated, but I have noticed the browser seems slower than 2.1 and the 360 rotation is slow as well. Maybe I should try a different kernal.

I am liking this rom. I got a 1537 quadrant benchmark with the chevy's 1.1 Ghz LV kernel, in performance mode. I'm using the stock theme.

Everything worked out of the box without a wipe coming from kangerade 4.0.7.

I'm waiting for the battery to cool down to see if it runs cooler than Kangerade 4.0.7.

- Joe

Running it now. Was too easy to set up after a full wipe with his bkapps/rstapps scrips. Much easier/faster than using Titanium Backup. I updated to fix the in-call proximity sensor issue and in hopes of helping battery life from NexBeast FRF57 (wasn't too bad but not nearly as good as I got with 2.1 - usage/apps didn't change).

I'm not too keen on the theme though. It's better than stock, but the blue is harder to see up top. Anyone got a link to some themes I can just install via CW recovery?

Edit: Damn, wrong thread too, meant to put this in the 4.4 thread.

Back
Top Bottom