• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Shadows and saturation in the built-in editing program.

Definitely not as sharp as I'd like, but when reduced size its not bad at all.

Nice love the in-phone editing! It's amazing and also unknown to many how hard it is to handhold and get a clear/sharp motionless shot (even more so in low light/low shutter speed). Has anyone tried vignette yet?

edit: btw how are you like kejars gummy?

Upvote 0
I concur! Battery life has become very good as well I finally am seeing super slow drain while phone is sleeping.
I'm hoping mine improves over the next few days. I'm on wi-fi at home, and my battery seems to drain faster (though I am using it more at home than I am at work). I have two of the standard batteries, and I'm currently getting about 10 hours on my first (at work, on 4g with 2-3 bars) and about 6 or 7 on the second (the one that's mostly on wi-fi, but I'm playing with it more).

Some of you may remember that I said I had to hold off in getting a Galaxy Nexus, due to the uncertaintly of our job... we'll know whether we have jobs going forward the first week of January 2012. Well, I received a VERY pleasant surprise yesterday morning from my manager's manager: an AmEx gift card for "Performance and Recognition"! I wasted no time in calling Verzion and ordering a Galaxy Nexus!! It will be here on Thursday. :D:D Not only that, when I called, they gave me the web-only price of $260 rather than $300!!

I didn't want to go to the store... the reps there move at the speed of drifting continents and it's always a zoo at this time of year. Plus, when I tried to order it online, it said it wasn't compatible with my data plan so the phone rep had to tweak a few things (I'm holding onto my unlimited data plan for dear life).

I'm so excited, I can't stand it!

Congratulations!! That's awesome news!! Here's hoping your luck holds out and you both get to keep your jobs in January. :)

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Just more examples.

Unedited:
8lYYQ.jpg

With some filtering applied (one of the filters makes it a bit soft):
fncQq.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm hoping mine improves over the next few days. I'm on wi-fi at home, and my battery seems to drain faster (though I am using it more at home than I am at work). I have two of the standard batteries, and I'm currently getting about 10 hours on my first (at work, on 4g with 2-3 bars) and about 6 or 7 on the second (the one that's mostly on wi-fi, but I'm playing with it more).

Mine definitely improved over the course of the first 3 days with it. Then I rooted so it's hard for me to say how good 4.0.2 was on battery life.

I flashed android revolution HD AHRD rom (4.0.2) last night, because of my battery life experience on 4.0.3 was/is markedly better.

I still have yet to try my ext battery as I've been fine with the stock one getting through a solid day. The issues with the android os are so random with me and I can't find a rhyme or reason as to why yet.

10 hours is pretty good all on 4G if you're using it moderately imo :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Well, this is my homescreen right now. I wish Go Launcher Ex was smoother. It might have to hold me over until the Devs start releasing highly customizable roms (hidden notification bar, changing the color or the soft keys, doing away with the line above the bottom row of icons.)

Looks really nice I'm a minimalist fan

Upvote 0
I order an extra extended battery on 12/16 and I guess I should be getting it soon. The reason I said guess, is because there is no way for me to check on my order via VZWs web site for some odd reason. The page has been down for a few days now.

PS; What is an iPhone, I see peeps mention it in there post once in awhile?;)

I ordered my extended battery on 12/16 and I just got it about 30 minutes ago.

Upvote 0
I know my link posts can be overwhelming, but if there's one link you should all check out, it's this one. Got three games, a radar detector app, and a couple others all free. :)

Nice, I just got mine yesterday in the mail. 13 hours so far and I'm only at 51%. :D

I love your link posts!! I save them for when I get bored at work and need fun stuff.

Upvote 0
Mine definitely improved over the course of the first 3 days with it. Then I rooted so it's hard for me to say how good 4.0.2 was on battery life.

I flashed android revolution HD AHRD rom (4.0.2) last night, because of my battery life experience on 4.0.3 was/is markedly better.

I still have yet to try my ext battery as I've been fine with the stock one getting through a solid day. The issues with the android os are so random with me and I can't find a rhyme or reason as to why yet.

I haven't rooted (I'm a root virgin), and I don't have plans to root my GN, unless someone who knows what they are doing actually does it for me. :D

Even though I'm on 4G all day, I barely touch my phone at work, so it seems it should last more than 10 hours...at least I hope it will eventually. My DX would last from 5 a.m. until usually somewhere betwen 8-10 p.m. Now, I'm putting in my spare battery before I leave work.

Upvote 0
I haven't rooted (I'm a root virgin), and I don't have plans to root my GN, unless someone who knows what they are doing actually does it for me. :D

Even though I'm on 4G all day, I barely touch my phone at work, so it seems it should last more than 10 hours...at least I hope it will eventually. My DX would last from 5 a.m. until usually somewhere betwen 8-10 p.m. Now, I'm putting in my spare battery before I leave work.

lol. I think you'll see more improvement on phone sleep states as the updates roll out. It's still so early for this release. I remember the Eris, the Inc, the Bionic, and all the initial "my battery life is awful, my phone won't sleep, look at this awake time!, etc.."

It will improve I know it! ;)

Reactions: Member112085
Upvote 0

lol. I think you'll see more improvement on phone sleep states as the updates roll out. It's still so early for this release. I remember the Eris, the Inc, the Bionic, and all the initial "my battery life is awful, my phone won't sleep, look at this awake time!, etc.."

It will improve I know it! ;)

I know it will. I think it's gradually gotten better than when I got it on Saturday. And honestly, since I have the spare battery with the external charger and I almost always am near a power source, it's not a deal breaker for me to only get 8-10 hours out of the battery if the phone works well - which this one does.

Upvote 0
One more picture -- the camera is nowhere as bad as people are making it out to be. Even as a hobbiyst photographer with a Canon 5D and a nice lineup of lenses I still find this camera very useable for walkaround shots.

Y8cuul.jpg

I took a photo yesterday of some text on paper and was blown away at how well it did, I'll upload shortly

Edit: guess I deleted the one from yesterday, but just snapped a quick one of the small print on a McDonalds coupon I had handy

IMG_20111221_121925.jpg

Reactions: Mr. Link
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones