• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Ugh, very frustrating day at work yesterday and now I can't sleep. Won't bore you with too many details but our huge catering order was a cluster since apparently the school we delivered to doesn't take in anything with nuts. And, guess what, half the order had nuts!
I'm just gonna rest on the couch and watch Hulu :(

Edit: On a positive note, we're just over 1000 more posts to destroy the Dinc Lounge!

Upvote 0
Ugh, very frustrating day at work yesterday and now I can't sleep. Won't bore you with too many details but our huge catering order was a cluster since apparently the school we delivered to doesn't take in anything with nuts. And, guess what, half the order had nuts!
I'm just gonna rest on the couch and watch Hulu :(

Edit: On a positive note, we're just over 1000 more posts to destroy the Dinc Lounge!

Yeah, I hate when things turn sour at work. I had a rough week last week at work, but it got better at the end, so that is carrying over to this week. And that Dinc lounge has already been destroyed, if you look at pace of posts, we are WAY ahead of them.

So did everyone have a good weekend? Mine was alright, but kids were pretty difficult all weekend, the cold weather meant no playing outside, and they get cabin fever something fierce.

Upvote 0
Luck of the draw. Sorry but if I was suffering from his problem, a refurb sounds way better than my "new" phone.

According to Verizon, they are likely new or certified like new which is not the same as refurbished. CLNR come w/o battery, charger, and all the other amenities
(eg retail box, guides/pamphlets). Other than exchanging within the original return period, they will not send you an entire new unit, eg all the amenities. For what its worth...:cool:

Upvote 0
Yeah, I hate when things turn sour at work. I had a rough week last week at work, but it got better at the end, so that is carrying over to this week. And that Dinc lounge has already been destroyed, if you look at pace of posts, we are WAY ahead of them.

So did everyone have a good weekend? Mine was alright, but kids were pretty difficult all weekend, the cold weather meant no playing outside, and they get cabin fever something fierce.

Busy weekend, cleaning, painting and fixing a rental unit left NASTY by a tenant, ugh. New tenant moving in Saturday so busy week to finish it up!

Upvote 0

I had a good weekend with my kids. My 17 yr old step-son is off to Newport News to help his dad on a broken down tug. That should look good on his Mass Maritime application:). My 4 yr old earned another stripe in his Karate class (Little Dragons earn stripes for attendance and discipline in class):). And, I got to hold my niece for the first time on Sunday. She was born ten weeks premature at 2lbs, 2oz and finally got to come home on Friday:D.

It think we need an emoticon for proud parent, the smiley's just don't quite cut it.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I have always received "certified like new" replacement devices from Verizon. They look and feel brand-new and I've never had a problem. I think the majority of them are returns frmo people who bought the phone and didn't like it after keeping it for a few days. I know my replacement Droid X ran a heck of a lot better than my original Droid X.

My weekend was good too. Spousal Unit and I went to The Pit in Raleigh, NC for dinner on Saturday. It was crowded but we got right in. It was the first time we went. The food was good and the atmosphere was fantastic. Got a lot of stuff done around the house on Sunday and topped it off by watching The Walking Dead last night.

This is my last week on call... hopefully it will be a quiet week!

Upvote 0
My weekend was good. Spent all day Saturday scrapbooking with friends. Then yesterday I fought with QuickBooks at my part time job, had a delicious family dinner and watched Episode 6 (which I did not like nearly as much as 4 and 5).
Oh, and I have found that Nyxie really IS a phone. And a pretty good one at that! :D

Upvote 0
Good morning everyone.

Came down with the nasty cold (with flu-like symptoms) this weekend. Pretty much stayed in bed all weekend except to go home for dinner yesterday with my mom. Saturday me and my buddy had kangaroo sliders since we found a Wild Game meat store in the area that recently opened. It was actually really delicious.

Nexus is running really well -- on gummyNex0.7.6 with LeanKernel 1.10 (300-1.35 on iX). I love this phone more and more every day.

Funny story though -- on Friday I updated my Weight Watchers app and something changed in the code so that when you went to input text into a field the keyboard and Admob ad would hide the field pretty much preventing text entry. This angered some people ... saw some 1-star reviews and ~500 uninstalls. Glad most people understood that I would have it fixed ASAP and had a new version up and running last night and even improved it some. Damn ScrollView got disabled somehow, but now its working real well.

Still waiting for Blackberry to approve my application in their AppStore, but I am sure they got a huge wave of apps for their free Playbook promotion.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Good day all!

Super busy wknd barely even had the chance to browse the net and my fave forum (yeah right here :)). Worked all wknd, wife's tummy is showing (how cute!) and names are flying through the air like a swarm of South Georgia skeeters in July (mosquitoes for non-natives).

Cold here ready for Spring...

It's amazing how differently women carry children. My wife got huge, (to cheer her up I would just say she was giving the baby the penthouse suite of wombs ;)) but she had a nurse who was 8 months along but looked like my wife at 5 months.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
afternoon all my nexicans

i am extremely tired got no sleep last night was in the hospital with my dad

That's no good, I hope all is well.

BTW thanks for you input on the GNex / Maxx thread I saw you on earlier. It bugs me when a bunch of people just say "phone x is better, phone y sucks" without consideration for the users needs or any explanation why they feel that way (sorry, rant over:D).

Upvote 0
That's no good, I hope all is well.

BTW thanks for you input on the GNex / Maxx thread I saw you on earlier. It bugs me when a bunch of people just say "phone x is better, phone y sucks" without consideration for the users needs or any explanation why they feel that way (sorry, rant over:D).

i dont know if all is good right now i am at school and not there with him now

and i know what you mean and i am the same why i dont think that people should ask " what should i get?" but rather "what are the pors and cons of phone x and phone y? so i can make MY OWN decision"

Upvote 0
Quandrant updated for ICS and multi-core support:

8dU9H.png

Reactions: RazorSharp
Upvote 0
I don't wanna sound mean but do you actually believe this is Any measure of how good a phone is???

Now that its been updated for Dual Core Support it should be a good benchmark to phones around it in my opinion. Definitely not the end-all, be-all and Quadrant scores can be faked, but comparing numbers to other GNex users will definitely be helpful.

Upvote 0
Now that its been updated for Dual Core Support it should be a good benchmark to phones around it in my opinion. Definitely not the end-all, be-all and Quadrant scores can be faked, but comparing numbers to other GNex users will definitely be helpful.

I think some of the mods may disagree with you on that point. Comparing numbers can also lead to bad feelings and personal attacks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones