• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy s5 screen draining battery

AshleyS

Lurker
Feb 5, 2015
My brightness is not turned up, it's right at the l in level and I've even turned it all the way down with no difference in the percentage. I've been through all the settings and I have no idea why it is so high! I hope someone can help with a solution. TIA

Sorry lol I missed the title lol.
So my wife just got an s5 yesterday (So has obviously been using the hell out of it) and her screen percentage is only 19% so you're right, that does seem excessive!
I don't know what to tell you though. The only way to fix that I think is if it's a software fault and it's showing the percentages wrong...

Upvote 0
It does depend how you use it. If it spends a lot of time with the screen on then that percentage will be high (and a new phone is likely to spend a lot of time with the screen on). If it spends most of the day in your pocket the percentage will be lower. And if the screen on time is spent doing something cpu intensive the screen percentage will appear lower as the cpu is using more power, etc.

See how the battery like works, and worry about the percentage if the overall life is a problem, not otherwise. As it's AMOLED use dark backgrounds and wallpapers where possible if you want to reduce power usage (AMOLED is very efficient when displaying black, as it just turns the LEDs off).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones