• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GAS Mod!!! Galaxy Attain Sandwich [Repost w/changelog]

genovdot

Android Expert
I want to thanks Paris8577 for letting me use the theme from The Monster 4. I have to thank MobilePlay for the deodexed base and making a tar ball out of this baby. lets get to the changelog!

V 1.0
Themed to look like Ics
Transparent Notification bar
ics icons (updates coming soon)
build tweaks /v6 supercharger tweak without 3g code,doesnt mess with 4g :)
Forced launcher into memory
increased jpeg quality
increased recording quality
Smooth as butter :)
After I finish pre-mi I will be updating this rom to look even more like ics.

download
GASMOD.tar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

I'll have mobileplay upload some eyecandy.

Not to nit pick... but 4shared now requires an account to download. :(

Thanks for the log, much more professional.

Yeah, I don't need more spam or a login to keep track of.... but I think I have an account already, just gotta shuffle through and make sure

So this works and all... The battery icon is mishapen when battery is low.
When charging it just stays red
and where is visual voicemail!!!

So this works and all... The battery icon is mishapen when battery is low.
When charging it just stays red
and where is visual voicemail!!!

I was never able to get that battery icon fixed when charging. And the rom is debloated so visual voicemail was removed. Wouldn't be hard to get back though. All you need is the metro app store

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

Now, would this work in the UOT Kitchen? Like to replace the broken charging icon? I know the Attain doesnt have CWM but would manually replacing the files work?

Now, would this work in the UOT Kitchen? Like to replace the broken charging icon? I know the Attain doesnt have CWM but would manually replacing the files work?

It sure would work. The uot kitchen could mess up a lot of the theming though. So be careful what u replace.

I used uot to change the way the windoes appeared and it werked. However I tried the oattery and a few other things with no luck

I used uot to change the way the windoes appeared and it werked. However I tried the oattery and a few other things with no luck

When you get your zip from the uot, extract it. Take the framework-Res.apk and systemUI.apk an replace then manually with something such as root explorer or something along those lines

what happend was when I went to dl the cooked .zip there was no .apks inside and I was to lazy or frustrated to go and redue everything

How do i install this I already had the old gasmod flashed (or whatever its called) So i just downloaded this one and flashed it with odin but i don't see any differences (the status bar isn't tranparent etc)

any help?

I pretty sure there isn't any change other then the poster updating the post with a changelog.

Exactly. I brought the fact that many of us like to know exactly what this will do to our phones and what has been updated to the op's attention so he just added a changelog and reposted

I believe there is a 4g bug in the update rooted tar, if they can work those issues out i'll make the Monster 4.1 :) i couldnt get any 4g with the rooted update. lets hope its a simple fix

Back
Top Bottom