• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GAS Mod!!! Galaxy Attain Sandwich [Repost w/changelog]

Is there any preparation that I should do before installing GASMOD? I installed it on a freshly-made-stock Attain but got continuous messages indicating apps crashing once the phone rebooted. Was able to get the de-odexed ROM installed without incident, so no harm no foul. Otherwise, GASMOD looks nice, but I can't use it if it keeps spamming me with app crash messages. :(

Thanks.

Is there any preparation that I should do before installing GASMOD? I installed it on a freshly-made-stock Attain but got continuous messages indicating apps crashing once the phone rebooted. Was able to get the de-odexed ROM installed without incident, so no harm no foul. Otherwise, GASMOD looks nice, but I can't use it if it keeps spamming me with app crash messages. :(

Thanks.

What android version are you on? I would assume if you're on stock you wouldn't really need to do anything.

What android version are you on? I would assume if you're on stock you wouldn't really need to do anything.

I was using a stock setup, so I figured I didn't have to do anything, but I still experienced difficulty; apps were crashing left and right just out the gate after the phone rebooted. Instead, I went with the de-odexed ROM and things worked perfectly.

I was using a stock setup, so I figured I didn't have to do anything, but I still experienced difficulty; apps were crashing left and right just out the gate after the phone rebooted. Instead, I went with the de-odexed ROM and things worked perfectly.

I know what the problem is ;)
You see Gasmod was creating using the FG01 version of the Attain. However, the Attain now comes with the updated FG02 version which has small differences in the framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk which explains all of force close messages. In other words, it's not compatible with your phone unless you switch to the FG01 version and then flash Gasmod. :D

I know what the problem is ;)
You see Gasmod was creating using the FG01 version of the Attain. However, the Attain now comes with the updated FG02 version which has small differences in the framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk which explains all of force close messages. In other words, it's not compatible with your phone unless you switch to the FG01 version and then flash Gasmod. :D

That does make sense. Since I bought my phone back in November, by that time, I think all phones in stock would be at FG02.

You might be able to get it installed. I had updated to FG02, found an issue with the lock screen so wanted to revert to the original firmware.
What is did was:
Ran the Unbrick Package, when the phone booted up, I got some type of a recover screen, I wiped cache/ factory reset. Then I used Odin to flash the Pre-Rooted.tar.
After about a minute, the phone booted just fine. I have no issues at all, although my baseband says FG02.

Back
Top Bottom