• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gas prices?

It rained all day last Thursday so I didn't get gas until Friday. It had jumped back up to $3.55 and is now back down to three bucks. I sure feel good about filling my truck up when it was high. not
 
1000011200.jpg


You can do the math. That's for premium, which my car requires, and that's the cheapest station in the area.
As I've mentioned before, the added "benefit" of buying gas in California is that it's reformulated to burn cleaner (part of the added expense) and the side effect of that is reduced fuel economy (about 10-15%).
So not only are we paying lots more, but we are getting less. Hopefully someone did the actual calculations to demonstrate that the additional fuel we're burning to go the same distance doesn't actually increase overall emissions...but I kinda doubt it.
 
Eleven days later, gas is $4.19 for regular at my station. I saw it as high as $4.29 at another chain. My math has that at a fifty three - sixty three cents increase.
That is close to the price increase of regular gas in Kansas between 1970 and 1979.
 
The gas prices here in Derby Kansas has continued to slowly drop. It is still over four dollars a gallon at all of the stations and my station has regular at $4.08.

My son's daily commute is over 130 miles round trip. He makes crazy money with his leadership role at a refinery and he drives their vehicle and burns their gas. I would hate that daily drive but at least all it costs him is his time.
 
The gas prices here in Derby Kansas has continued to slowly drop. It is still over four dollars a gallon at all of the stations and my station has regular at $4.08.

My son's daily commute is over 130 miles round trip. He makes crazy money with his leadership role at a refinery and he drives their vehicle and burns their gas. I would hate that daily drive but at least all it costs him is his time.
Regrettably, though, time is the one thing we can't get more of. Still, if he has to be dealing with that drive, at least it's not also costing him cash. Prayers that he stays safe in that long drive.
 
Regrettably, though, time is the one thing we can't get more of. Still, if he has to be dealing with that drive, at least it's not also costing him cash. Prayers that he stays safe in that long drive.
It would not be my cup of tea.. that's for sure. He has been making that drive for over 15 years. His kids are grown and the money is just crazy. It still eats up a couple of hours a day just to get to and return from work. He could move but he and his wife both love the big city life and the four grandchildren that are here. I look for him to retire in his mid fifties. That has to beat still working at 74, lol, no matter the sacrifice. (just kidding... I love working or I wouldn't be doing it)
 
Back
Top Bottom