• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting theme changer for my H7100

moarmann

Jul 5, 2013
I already have my H7100 rooted. I used a ROM for it called "Hardmaster" (Sorry, I can't submit links yet).

I can't seem to find any other ROMs for my device that have the theme changer feature. Would I be able to use a different ROM, or are they device-specific? How difficult would it be to add the theme changer to my current ROM?

Thank you for any help.

ROMs are definitely device-specific.

I don't know in detail what support the theme changer requires, so can't really advise on how easy it is to port. It isn't just a matter of dropping the theme changer app into /system though - at the very least your framework-res and I expect SystemUI will need to support it.

Of course if you know what you are doing you can replace the graphics in those two apks I named above, but the theme changer is a lot more convenient! The UOT kitchen site can be used for theming a lot of ROMs too (though not all of its mods work on all screen resolutions - I just had a look). Just remember that if you are tempted to try a do it yourself change like these, take a nandroid backup before making any changes (my very first bootloop was when I tried a simple theming change and got it slightly wrong ;)).

Upvote 0
I thought it was a clone of the note 2. Oh well. Just curious, what makes ROMs device specific? What would happen if I tried using one meant for the galaxy s3 or note 2? Would my phone just brick?

How hard would it be to make a ROM for myself? I'm assuming it's pretty complicated.

Edit: Hardon, I'll look into that. It doesn't sound too out of my league.

Upvote 0
I thought it was a clone of the note 2. Oh well. Just curious, what makes ROMs device specific? What would happen if I tried using one meant for the galaxy s3 or note 2? Would my phone just brick?

How hard would it be to make a ROM for myself? I'm assuming it's pretty complicated.

Edit: Hardon, I'll look into that. It doesn't sound too out of my league.

Well, Your right, But google is showing me conflicting results on it. Says it is a clone on both. :thinking:

You will probably brick the phone using a Rom not designed for it.:(

The 5th result says Galaxy S3 Clone, All the others say NoteII Clone
https://www.google.com/search?q=H71...0&aqs=chrome.0.69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Upvote 0
Alright, I think I will be satisfied with the UOT kitchen, except I am at a loss when it comes to uploading the required files. What ROM zip are they talking about? My ROM came in a .rar file and it is nowhere near the same format that they are asking for. Is there a way to just make a zip of my current ROM, or am I missing something?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones