• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root giantpune's custom kernel

i got a 2947 on quadrant, and it puts my device above atrix 4g and below transformer prime?? can this be right? i will post a screen to show my claim as soon as it uploads.

edit:

2012-09-27-07-56-09.jpg

Upvote 0
i have run it 2 more times, same result, is there a way i can "prove" this is not some doctored photo? some info file perhaps that validates the score? i got into androids after a friend got me into OCing PCs, so this is an area i truly want thoroughly explored ^^

Set the highest cpu frq to 1024, then 1613, and compare results

Upvote 0
running tests now

edit : i.... cannot duplicate it? the scores for everything else remain around the same, EXCEPT my i/o score, which in the screen is 7k, and in all my tests after setting cpu to 1024, then running test, now BACK to 1612.8, the i/o scores are around 5k.... is it something i have installed or done? the only thing i changed after running the tests this morning was installing curtis' ICS theme, so i restored my nandroid to before that, and no effect, i retain same 5k ish IO scores ( no offense curtis, i just didnt know if it COULD have anything to do with it)

Upvote 0
Does flashing that kernel alone crank the phone up to 1.6 MHz?!

I would hope not, that'd be ungodly slow o_o

But, knowing what you meant, the answer is yes. By default, youe phone will be set to 1.6GHz. I never had to do any CPU tweaking beyond flashing the kernel, and I'm running at 1.6GHz with Harmonia 2.02.

I couldn't possibly tell you how fast this phone is at this point. But it's amazing.

Also, Mr. Pune, would you be willing to post a .zip for the new kernel?

Upvote 0
I would hope not, that'd be ungodly slow o_o

But, knowing what you meant, the answer is yes. By default, youe phone will be set to 1.6GHz. I never had to do any CPU tweaking beyond flashing the kernel, and I'm running at 1.6GHz with Harmonia 2.02.

I couldn't possibly tell you how fast this phone is at this point. But it's amazing.

Also, Mr. Pune, would you be willing to post a .zip for the new kernel?

2nd post.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones