• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Gingerbread 4 Froyo [Froyo Rom Only]

GRZLA

Android Enthusiast
This theme was made for an early asop froyo build and is not for our ota froyo. I had to pull the link due to people not reading threads and just flashing stuff without thinking. Fully read threads people.

After testing the lastest build of froyo for our devices I was so pleased that I started running it full time. Most of the things not included I don't really use so I figured I'd put a theme on it.

j2XYw.png

sumKK.png

p8KF9.png

This is an update.zip not a metamorph so please follow the instructions or you will get boot loopz.

HOW TO FLASH
1. Boot into recovery and make a backup.
2. Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
3. Flash from SD Card (put it on the root of your sd card if you are using amonra)
4. Reboot and be patient.

Link pulled.

Edit: Here is the wallpaper, a few people asked me for it in the IRC. Figured I would update the thread with it.

I'm assuming this requires you have the Froyo build installed... is it an add-on? or is this a modified version of drel's build?

It's a theme port of the Gingerbread theme for our Froyo (2.2) rom only.

I'm gonna add to the compatibility discussion...

For kicks I installed Terminal Velocity (GRZLA's grey theme for 2.1) and FFFFFF (the white one) through Metamorph over the 2.2 ROM and it worked without any problems.

So if you liked any of those 2.1 themes, they will work on 2.2, at least through my experience.

I noticed on some options/setting menus..the background is black.
.and so is the text..makes it impossible to read.
I am NOT knocking this theme nor the dev. Just think its something that should ne shared....and i am still using this theme.

***OH!! The app that i can recall that has the black on black menu is, "Ti Backup". Its...menu->more there.
hooe this helps...i really dig this theme! : )

I'm twelve and what is this? No srsly, is this for froyo (as in you need froyo to run it), or is this Froyo? And if this is Froyo, then could i get things like flash?

I'm twelve and what is this? No srsly, is this for froyo (as in you need froyo to run it), or is this Froyo? And if this is Froyo, then could i get things like flash?

This is a theme made for the Ally beta Froyo ROM, not Froyo itself.

Flash is currently not supported on the ARM11 architecture that the Ally's processor runs. In other words, you will not get full flash on the Ally, even with Froyo.

I noticed on some options/setting menus..the background is black.
.and so is the text..makes it impossible to read.
I am NOT knocking this theme nor the dev. Just think its something that should ne shared....and i am still using this theme.

***OH!! The app that i can recall that has the black on black menu is, "Ti Backup". Its...menu->more there.
hooe this helps...i really dig this theme! : )

This theme only modifies framework-res.apk, I am not about to edit every single application under the sun, you are just going to have to deal with it or go back to stock theme.

This theme is only for aosp15, using it on aosp21 will cause minor issues but issues nonetheless.

This theme only modifies framework-res.apk, I am not about to edit every single application under the sun, you are just going to have to deal with it or go back to stock theme.

This theme is only for aosp15, using it on aosp21 will cause minor issues but issues nonetheless.

Running fine on 21 for me.

On another note, would you be able to make this theme with a matte effect, instead of the solid black? Just thought it would look pretty sick.

Thank you very much for this theme GRZLA. This has made my AOSP21 install look very sexy indeed! The only thing I see that could use a tweak is the black text on black background in all 'More' menus. If you bring up a menu within an app and choose 'More' the resulting menu is illegible. This can be seen in both system apps (Maps, Browser, Gmail, etc) as well as third-party apps (K-9 Mail, Astro, etc). This leads me to believe that the 'More' menu option pulls from the same config regardless of what app is calling it. Would be nice if the text on that menu could match that of the rest of the theme. Please let me know if there is a fix for this.

Thanks!

Thank you very much for this theme GRZLA. This has made my AOSP21 install look very sexy indeed! The only thing I see that could use a tweak is the black text on black background in all 'More' menus. If you bring up a menu within an app and choose 'More' the resulting menu is illegible. This can be seen in both system apps (Maps, Browser, Gmail, etc) as well as third-party apps (K-9 Mail, Astro, etc). This leads me to believe that the 'More' menu option pulls from the same config regardless of what app is calling it. Would be nice if the text on that menu could match that of the rest of the theme. Please let me know if there is a fix for this.

Thanks!

This theme isn't for aosp21 and yes I noticed the issue on the more menu's a few days ago, and will be making some fixes when I can.

I am moving in two days so I will not be able to help anyone out. Hopefully some of the more advanced users on here can lend a helping hand.

lol thats what ive been lookin through all morning but i just cant happen to find a dl link x) is that rom worth it tho ?

lol thats what ive been lookin through all morning but i just cant happen to find a dl link x) is that rom worth it tho ?

Look on pg3 thats where the gapps are. pg8 has aosp21 (latest build). password is thanksfordonation

Back
Top Bottom