• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Gingerbread 4 Froyo [Froyo Rom Only]

No this is ONLY for AOSP Froyo, will bootloop the OTA Official 2.2.1

This REALLY needs to be specified in the OP. I just installed it and now I'm bootlooped and my backup won't restore.

Seriously, people. Be more specific. Everyone knows FroYo is out, now. So either delete this or be sure it's made apparent. Because anyone could make this mistake.

Granted, I'm sure it's a well-ported theme.

Yeah I learned that last night. I so wanted Gingerbread for my phone and got stuck in boot loop too. Luck enough my back up did work this morning.

I guess I will learn to mod myself

The first sentence clearly stated "AFTER TESTING THE LATEST BUILD OF FROYO," this is pretty clear that it is not OTA. I asked a mod to close, and it has been asked if this is for OTA. Your failure to read isnt my fault.

Seriously. I screwed up my phone because of this update. Am I blaming GRZLA? No. Take responsibility for your own actions when modding. I forgot to do a back up. I didn't fully read the thread before flashing. Luckily I was within the year warranty with Verizon. If anything, it gave me a wake up call.

I've been modding phones since the Cingular 8125. It made me realize I've gotten too 'cocky' thinking I knew what I was doing and this is the same ol' same ol'. From now on, I know to take my time, fully read the thread, make sure I back up, etc.

Back
Top Bottom