• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Gingerbread update on rooted phone.....no luck so far

It is also possible that most of us who removed apps did not have Titanium Pro set to restore apps to their original locations.
I know it was too late for me.

Since then I have Titanium set to restore apps to original locations.

I have upgraded to 2.3.3, and rooted, and removed(not frozen) alot of apps.......I may be in the same boat again when the next update comes. :D

BTW.......
Our silent bootaudio files and the modified Browser database carried over through the update. :D No need to mess with that again. This also proves they were not stopping the update from taking.

Update still fails about 1/4 of the way through.

Last night, I set Titanium to restore to original ocations, restored from my original mini SD, unrooted and attempted the update. When I woke up this morning, the phone said, download failure - network error.
Is this the failure that everyone is getting or is this possibly just a bad signal (I am in a bad reception error (1G)?

I don't recall the exact error message, but it was not a download error.

It sounds like you need to remove some user apps to free up memory for the download.

I had to travel to a 3G area today and figured that was the problem when it failed. I also had to do a factory reset as well. Download worked, but the update failed about 1/3 through. I guess I have to stay with the old system until someone comes up with a fix for the users that removed programs..:(

It is also possible that most of us who removed apps did not have Titanium Pro set to restore apps to their original locations.
I know it was too late for me.

Since then I have Titanium set to restore apps to original locations.

I have upgraded to 2.3.3, and rooted, and removed(not frozen) alot of apps.......I may be in the same boat again when the next update comes. :D

BTW.......
Our silent bootaudio files and the modified Browser database carried over through the update. :D No need to mess with that again. This also proves they were not stopping the update from taking.

You updated through the download? After having 2.2.1 and being rooted? How?

Back
Top Bottom