• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Google edition camera app

killajoe

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372372445554.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372372445554.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 132
  • uploadfromtaptalk1372372459754.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372372459754.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 127
Woah me likey :D just have to grit my teeth over the two camera icons and two galleries, but that's really stupid to get upset about.. nice find!

Woah me likey :D just have to grit my teeth over the two camera icons and two galleries, but that's really stupid to get upset about.. nice find!

I think you can delete the original gallery and camera and replace them with the google edition one, I'n not completely sure though

Since I'm using cm10, I thought I'd give this new camera another whirl. It may only be happening to me, but I noticed that when you install it as a regular app, when in landscape mode, the image becomes pixelated or dithered even when all the settings are maxed out. To fix this: I went in the system/app and uninstalled gallery2.apk and dragged the new edition camera .apk in there and changed the permissions (rw-r-r-) and BAM! No more double icons, no pixelated images, and video mode works!

Where would the Google edition camera be located since its not in the system apps?

I just took the apk from the downloads folder and dropped it into /system/app without installing it first. You don't need to install it once it gets into the system folder... If that's not what you're asking about, I believe most apps get installed in the /data/app folder.

yes same thing , also tried going to pc and copying to phone also tried multiple download sites all the same geuss i just cant use it

Back
Top Bottom