• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got some questions? think they're stupid? POST 'EM HERE

So I went from CM7, back to Stock. I made sure I had my contacts on the SD card. Now when I go to "restore from SD", it says that the contacts were successfully loaded, but I see nothing. I did it about three times, and nothing :/ Luckily I wrote down my contacts on my computers Notepad, but I don't wanna do it one by one. Is there anything I can do?

Not really.try to reboot maybe. I suggest sync'n them to your Gmail next time. If you want to do it faster. Log on to gmail on your comp and go to "Contacts" then to add contacts and type them on the comp and then sync your phone to your gmail.

I'd like to close most, if possible.

[Huawei Ascend on Metro]
Any app that you won't be using for the day should be turned off.

I really wish there was an easier way to manage Apps from automatically starting their services and the app themselves without using another App for the purpose.

Thats happened to me before. Its caused by an app you downloaded that saved a file in your data file. Its the file in the data folder that is causing it. What file it is I dont know. Reflash and download apps one by one untill you find the culpirt. Also ditch TiBu or youll always have problems

+1

I had nothing but problems with TiBU.

So the ascend had a (to me) useful option that when you long pressed the power button you could choose an option to view recent apps. I used to use the crap out of that option but unfortunately that option was no longer available when I flashed to CM7. I know CM7 has the option to make pressing the home button or something other. But the ascend has no home button :-( So my question is is there a way to get this option back? But with the same easiness it was to get to this "menu" or whatever you want to call it?

I have read about some devices getting nightlies and I was wondering if the acsend was getting any and if so where could I download them? Also Any news on the 2.3.7 port to the ascend (I have seen the other thread but decided to ask this question along with my original)?

So the ascend had a (to me) useful option that when you long pressed the power button you could choose an option to view recent apps. I used to use the crap out of that option but unfortunately that option was no longer available when I flashed to CM7. I know CM7 has the option to make pressing the home button or something other. But the ascend has no home button :-( So my question is is there a way to get this option back? But with the same easiness it was to get to this "menu" or whatever you want to call it?

The "End Call" button is the "Home" button on the Ascend. ;)
And the option is in Spare Parts

So I went from CM7, back to Stock. I made sure I had my contacts on the SD card. Now when I go to "restore from SD", it says that the contacts were successfully loaded, but I see nothing. I did it about three times, and nothing :/ Luckily I wrote down my contacts on my computers Notepad, but I don't wanna do it one by one. Is there anything I can do?

Did you format your SD Card when you went back to stock? If so, that would be why you don't have them now. Either way, I'd do what Shiny said.

The "End Call" button is the "Home" button on the Ascend. ;)
And the option is in Spare Parts

I worded my post horribly.
Stock ascend had an option to view x number of recent apps that you have opened when you long press the power button. Unfortunately I don't see that option in CM7 though. The closest option I have seen is in the options of CM7 that is "home button behavior". It is set on default that when you long press the home button it will bring up a list of recent apps. Yes I also gone to spare parts and changed it so when I press the end call button it takes me home. The problmem I guess is that CM7 doesn't "register" my end call button as the home button even though that is what it does. So it doesn't show me my recent apps. So my question is: is there a way to or app I can use to show me my recent apps without having to press an unnecessary amount of buttons?

I figured out the problem. I think I had the "Display Options", to something other than "phone numbers". I forgot what it was. But it had to do w/ the Display Options, lol. Thanks for the help :D!

I guess I'm not the only one having this problem but i haven't found a fix with googling so I figured I'd throw it to the experts.... On stock my phone could get a GPS bearing no problem but now I am running cm7 9/13 and it will not home in on my location for anything. it's really rather aggravating. Any quick fixes? Settings I need to know about?

Mine and a lot of others take a little bit before pin pointing. It will pin point a little faster if you check the "Use wireless networks" and leave it checked.

hi all, was wondering if there are any custom roms or cm6-7"s for ascend m860 that work for Cleartalk in texas.

Thanks in advance

Mine and a lot of others take a little bit before pin pointing. It will pin point a little faster if you check the "Use wireless networks" and leave it checked.

Yeah I have that checked... But we're talking does not pinpoint whatsoever. I have let it go 15 minutes in a stretch and it won't zero in on my location. It will only get within a mile or so radius, if that. I've seen a fix that used an app called "GPS status and toolbox" but even that didn't work.

I have the huawei ascend, when I click on my 'albums' some of them show up.. But the processing button comes up and stays on there for awhile. I can't even take pictures now because of it:/ When I click back it reads 'No media found'
How can I get this to stop ? :confused:

Heres a question that I have been searching for an answer for for 2 days now. I have the Huawei Ascend M860, but recently rooted and flashed to CM7, with no problems during the process, very easy. But before with stock, I could go to the mobile wap site and add different things. I can still go to the wap site, after searching for the dang address for it, wich if anyone needs that its http://mycricket,clearmode.com and thethe browser will put the rest in. But now if I click on the "MyAccount" tab on the top, the system doesnt recognize who i am. is there a work around for this?

Please help.

thanks

Heres a question that I have been searching for an answer for for 2 days now. I have the Huawei Ascend M860, but recently rooted and flashed to CM7, with no problems during the process, very easy. But before with stock, I could go to the mobile wap site and add different things. I can still go to the wap site, after searching for the dang address for it, wich if anyone needs that its http://mycricket,clearmode.com and thethe browser will put the rest in. But now if I click on the "MyAccount" tab on the top, the system doesnt recognize who i am. is there a work around for this?

Please help.

thanks

I'll give this a shot. It sounds like you want the "MY ACCOUNT" app back on your phone,without all the other CRICKET bloat,to where you are automagically signed in to your account.

Perhaps its possible to download the stock CRICKET 2.1 ROM to your desktop & extract the MY ACCOUNT app & put it in the CM7 ROM.
I'd try it myself,but,I don't have access to a computer @ the moment.

i dont have cm7 yet just the set cpu app i was wodering what would be the best settings to use and thatnks for any help i can get i love this forum its been a great use

So really no input on the gps thing? No fix? Should i flash to cm6? I like having turn by turn navigation. Also it throws off my weatherchannel app. and other things that require gps. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom