• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gps won't lock in DL30

I had this problem on Saturday. I have DL09 installed and I couldn't get my GPS to lock at all on the way to my destination. I had to turn on Google and VZW location services and then my GPS locked inside 10 seconds. I turned everything off, rebooted, turned on just GPS and nothing. Turned on Google and VZW locations services again, and boom GPS lock. Perhaps that has something to do with it?

Upvote 0
Im' on the DL09 radio right now too... maybe i'll try the DL05. I have the verizon / google services on but still won't lock even after 10min.

This is the biggest POS I've ever owned! I just got back from a quick road trip and the GPS won't lock on unless I pull the battery out ... it will lock on in a milisecond on reboot but I should NOT have to pop out the battery to get the $#@&! GPS to work. Yes, I'm frustrated! :mad:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
"searching for GPS" .... 15 minutes and counting. This is ridiculous. I don't know what else to do. I've tried dj05 and back to dl09 ... still "searching for gps" ...

lol well it's either a bad radio or bad hardware. someone in IRC mentioned the 1 yr warranty and that you could get it replaced. I dunno what I'm gonna do.

Upvote 0
here's a comment from xda...

Basically it needs to be turned on from settings for the 1st time after a reboot...then the pulldown will be instant. To test this, reboot phone with gps off, when it boots turn gps on from the pulldown...it wont lock...go to settings and turn it off then on...it will lock instantly. Like i said, it seems to need to be turned on through settings initially, then it works instantly any way you use it...hope i helped.

Upvote 0
I may be onto something here .... are you using Google Nav? If so are you trying to GPS "recent destinations"? I have .... it won't find your recent destinations but when I spoke "walmart" it locked right on .. indoors. Have I mentioned that I hate this phone?

UPDATE: ok now that I've "spoke" the initial destination it will now find my "recent destinations" ... what a hassle

Upvote 0
I may be onto something here .... are you using Google Nav? If so are you trying to GPS "recent destinations"? I have .... it won't find your recent destinations but when I spoke "walmart" it locked right on .. indoors. Have I mentioned that I hate this phone?

UPDATE: ok now that I've "spoke" the initial destination it will now find my "recent destinations" ... what a hassle

yeah i was just trying using gps status, and google maps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones