• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GSM] {GSM} No Network in my newly rooted phone

abinash432

Sep 18, 2013
Hi All,

I am using my htc evo 3d since last 16 months with the same network provider, and last Saturday i rooted my phone, after rooting every thing was working fine. But yesterday it stopped getting any signal, its saying 'No Signal', wi-fi is good and working, but no network is available. Even i tried other sim cards but nothing is working.

I used my sim in other mobile phones and its working fine, so there is definitely no issue with the network provider.

While I am trying to connect it to any network automatically, its throwing error: "Unable to connect to this network, please try again later".

All the other features are working fine.

Is it bricked??

Please help out.

Regards,
Abinash

I rooted my phone using this : How to Root HTC Evo 3D GSM! - YouTube
I am a rookie here, please provide some steps which i can use.

so looks like you are s-on and htcdev unlocked. if you boot to your bootloader as first described in that video,you are showing unlocked and s on,is that correct?

so you have a stock backup you can restore? that would be the easiest way to attempt to fix your issue,assuming you have flashed a rom or kernel that may have goofed things up.

as much detail as possible on anything that you did prior to the signal disapearance would help us quite a bit.

failing all the above,we will need to:
-relock the bootloader
-run an ruu
-factory reset from hboot

in that order. the ruu will wipe your personal data,so use titanium backup to back up your apps,sync your calander,contacts,etc with google,and make a nandroid backup in recovery. then,if you can do the following,and paste for us the results,we can figure out which ruu you need to run:
first download and install these drivers: revolutionary drivers (mirror)

then,download this small file:
mini-adb.zip

-unzip it,and place the unzipped folder onto the root of your C drive(not inside a folder)

-open a cmd window(with win 7,click start bubble,type "command" or "cmd" in hte search box)

-now change to your mini-adb directory(assuming you didnt chagne the name). type in the black cmd window that opened on your PC:
cd c:\mini-adb

-pull the battery in your phone for a few seconds. hold volume down,then power. hold them both until you see the white/colored writing hboot screen

-select "fastboot" from the hboot menu with the vol rocker/power button

-in your cmd window type:
fastboot devices

it should output your phones serial number. if so youre good to go. if not,youre apparently having a driver issue. i usually recomend these drivers from Revolutionary: modified htc drivers download and install the drivers(you should just have to run that file). afterwards,unplug your phone,plug it back in. make sure its in fastboot. as soon as you get a result from "fastboot devices" your ready to procede to the next step.

-in your cmd window,type(or copy/paste,is much easier):
fastboot getvar all

-copy the info that outputs here. right click in your cmd window,click mark,highlight it all in white. hit enter. paste the info here. it will help us know which ruu for you to run. :)

make sure to put xxx in place of your meid,imie. with that info brian or i can find you an ruu :)

Upvote 0
Thanks Scotty and Brian for your input.

Yes, when I boot to my bootloader its showing unlocked and s on.
I did all the steps mentioned above.

Here is the output :

C:\Users\Abinash>cd c:\mini-adb

c:\mini-adb>fastboot devices
HT[removed by mod] fastboot

c:\mini-adb>fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.53.0007
INFOversion-baseband: N/A
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 3.28.401.1
INFOserialno: HT[removed by mod]
INFOimei: *****
INFOproduct: shooter_u
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8260
INFOmodelid: PG8630000
INFOcidnum: HTC__203
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 5781mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: 10e127f0
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.503s

c:\mini-adb>

Please provide the next steps.

Regards,
Abinash

Upvote 0
It looks like this is the ruu you want to use:
Shipped ROMs

Start downloading that. It's a big file. In the meantime, download this:
https://db.tt/JUdxrcC0
Put it on your SD card, boot into recovery and flash that zip.

Since you are s-on, you will need to relock the bootloader before running the ruu. Put the phone into fastboot usb mode and use this command: fastboot oem lock

Now leave the phone in fastboot usb mode and run the ruu on your pc. It usually takes around 10 minutes.

Note that the ruu will return you to stock. You will need to unlock the bootloader again (just use the code you already have) and then add your custom recovery and root again.

Upvote 0
Thanks Brian, could you plz explain the steps for :

1. "Put it on your SD card, boot into recovery and flash that zip".

2. "You will need to unlock the bootloader again (just use the code you already have) and then add your custom recovery and root again."
Here, should I use the same instructions to root again, which i used earlier??

Plz explain step wise, coz this time I don't want to mess things.

Also, do i need to change my CID before running the ruu?

Upvote 0
Thanks Brian, could you plz explain the steps for :

1. "Put it on your SD card, boot into recovery and flash that zip".
he just means to move the file to your phones sd card,then enter your recovery,and flash that file like you did superuser(or like flashing a rom,if you have done that)

2. "You will need to unlock the bootloader again (just use the code you already have) and then add your custom recovery and root again."
Here, should I use the same instructions to root again, which i used earlier??
yes

Plz explain step wise, coz this time I don't want to mess things.
dont worry,your chances of messing up an s on phone are slim to none.

Also, do i need to change my CID before running the ruu?
nope
hope that helps :)

Upvote 0
I moved the file to SD card and flashed it from recovery.

Then ran the mentioned command.
PFB the details.

C:\Users\Abinash>cd c:\mini-adb

c:\mini-adb>fastboot oem lock
... INFOLock successfully...
INFOTZ_HTC_SVC_DISABLE ret = 134086000 (0x7FDFD70)
FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.937s

c:\mini-adb>

After this the phone status is showing 'RELOCKED', and S-ON RL.

But when I am trying to run the RUU File on my lapy, which I downloaded from the link provided, its exiting saying " InstallScript Setup Launcher has stopped working".

Btw, I am using a Win-7 on a 32 bit OS in my lapy.

What should I do next?

Upvote 0
Here is the Problem statement details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: RUU_SHOOTER_U_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_3.28.401.1_Radio_11.77.3504.00
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4e51d676
Fault Module Name: StackHash_e98d
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: ed379417
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: e98d
Additional Information 2: e98dfca8bcf81bc1740adb135579ad53
Additional Information 3: 6eab
Additional Information 4: 6eabdd9e0dc94904be3b39a1c0583635

Upvote 0
i have run that one before. check the md5 of your download. what i have for the version i have run and know works is this:

RUU_SHOOTER_U_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_3.28.401.1_Radio_11.77.3504.00U_11.25.3504.06_M_release_262714_signed.exe d15489722bce4a00f74818c5efcbacf0

im not exactly sure why its different than what shipped roms lists.

alot of the time, the exe will not run at all becasue of an incomplete or corrupt download. the md5 sum will tell you if your file is different than mine,or you can just try re-downloading it.

will the utility run at all? if so,you can extract rom.zip like this:
the .exe utilities can be finicky,so if you have trouble getting it to run, you can extract "rom.zip" in the following manner:
-start the utility
-check the "i understand" box to move on to the next screen
-hide the utility temporarily out of site
-search your C drive for "rom.zip". you will find it in a temporary location(it will be in a different spot each time you run the utility)
-open the folder location,and transfer rom.zip to a safe location on your PC.
-unhide and cancel the utility,youre done with it.
-rom.zip can be renamed to PxxxIMG and flashed in hboot,from a FAT32 sd card

if you can get rom.zip,then you can flash it like this:
if youre working with a booted,operational phone,you can flsh the file in the following manner:

-open a cmd window

-change to adb/fastboot directory
cd c:\foldername
(cd c:\mini-adb if youve used any of my guides :))

-place the zip file you want to flash into adb/fastboot directory

-enable usb debug,disable fastboot,plug in phone

-check for connectivity
adb devices (should return serial number)

-boot to fastboot
adb reboot bootloader

-check for connectivity again
fastboot devices

-flash the file
fastboot erase cache

fastboto oem rebootRUU (will put you in ruu mode,black screen silver htc letters)

fastboot flash zip zipfilename.zip (will send and flash the file. dont interupt it while the cmd window shows its writinging,and the green status bar is moving on the phone screen)

*sometimes a file will fail with a pre-update error. this is normal,just enter again:
fastboot flash zip zipfilename.zip
and this time it will finish

-when you get "finished" and "OK"
fastboot reboot-bootloader (takes you back to fastboot)

-reboot back to the OS
fastbooot reboot

you can use this if you dont have an operational phone as well. you just need to manually put the phone in fastboot(select from hboot menu) then skip the "adb" commands and start with fastboot devices

if you need me to,i can upload rom.zip to shipped roms,but im on the way out the door for some family stuff,so it will be later this afternoon. :)

Upvote 0
The file which i downloaded has md5 checksum value: f0ff555132cd3ff8eda10ce60036e3ea

And this file is not at all running so i could not get the 'rom.zip' file from anywhere in the C drive.
Please upload it and share the download link.

thats very peculiar that yours matches the download link,and mine at home is different... i was fairly certain thats where i had originally downloaded it.

anyway,its uploading now. i will share the link when i see its finished,or,you can just keep checking back at Shipped ROMs

when you have the zip file downloaded,we will flash it like this:
if youre working with a booted,operational phone,you can flsh the file in the following manner:

-open a cmd window

-change to adb/fastboot directory
cd c:\foldername
(cd c:\mini-adb if youve used any of my guides :))

-place the zip file you want to flash into adb/fastboot directory

-enable usb debug,disable fastboot,plug in phone

-check for connectivity
adb devices (should return serial number)

-boot to fastboot
adb reboot bootloader

-check for connectivity again
fastboot devices

-flash the file
fastboot erase cache

fastboto oem rebootRUU (will put you in ruu mode,black screen silver htc letters)

fastboot flash zip zipfilename.zip (will send and flash the file. dont interupt it while the cmd window shows its writinging,and the green status bar is moving on the phone screen)

*sometimes a file will fail with a pre-update error. this is normal,just enter again:
fastboot flash zip zipfilename.zip
and this time it will finish

-when you get "finished" and "OK"
fastboot reboot-bootloader (takes you back to fastboot)

-reboot back to the OS
fastbooot reboot

you can use this if you dont have an operational phone as well. you just need to manually put the phone in fastboot(select from hboot menu) then skip the "adb" commands and start with fastboot devices

Upvote 0
I am downoading the file "RUU_SHOOTER_U_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_3.28.401.1_Radio_11.77.3504.00U_11.25.3504.06_M_release_262714_signed.zip" having the md5 hash value :

ad5829fd335d68d541ef8ad9f165a7ad

Please confirm whether I am downloading the correct file.

that is the correct file. the md5sum i have on my pc for the file is:
RUU_SHOOTER_U_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_3.28.401.1_Radio_11.77.3504.00U_11.25.3504.06_M_release_262714_signed.zip
ad5829fd335d68d541ef8ad9f165a7ad

so we are in good shape. just flash it via ruu mode as described above :)

Yes, that's the exact file I suggested that you download. According to the information you provided from your fastboot getvar all, that should be the correct ruu.

actually,thats the zip i just uploaded :eek: ;) it is the same ruu,but the .exe you linked he could not get to run,for some reason :)

Upvote 0
Yes I tried that as well.

I went to the local HTC service center but they are not accepting the set as its from France and I am in India.

But they are suggesting that flashing ROM could solve the problem.

They suggested me to a private service center for software update(flashing ROM).
Or else they said I need to check my SIM registration IC.

Is there any other ROM for this model which I can flash.
Could I change the CID to 'HTC__001'(universal CID) and try any other STOCK ROM.(read somewhere, Not sure)?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones