• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE][CTmod] Rooting the Prevail [SPH-M820] for Dummies (written by a dummy)

Unroot and return to stock.. http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/375550-odin-return-phone-stock-factory.html

And here is stock rooted Odin files.. http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/375550-odin-return-phone-stock-factory.html

Everything you should need.. mind you.. it has been awhile since I've been here. ;)

P.s. I just realized those lead to the same place.. good. Lol I'll leave it that way.. its so nice to see a thread so well put together.. everything is right there.

Upvote 0
Hi! And welcome to Androidforums! :)
If this is the zip you are referring to
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2m3upn6b0axjra/SPH_M820_ff19rooted.zip
Then the problem is that you are supposed to unzip this and install it using Odin. :p

As far as I'm aware, the only flashable "stock" rom would be Half Ass Rom. (Which is the stock rom, rooted and converted to ext4 format. (This is because cwm doesn't support Samsung's stock filesystem))

if that isn't the zip you are referring to, please post a link to the one you are trying to install :)

Upvote 0
I rooted my prevail a couple years ago using this guide thanks to this helpful guide. I know NOTHING about phones, so literally I could not have done this without the guide. :)

I see there is another list of all the rooting options available. Everyone seems to be very excited about how condensed it is. Unfortunately, since I know so little about phones, I simply can no longer find what I'm looking for on that list.

I got a new SD card and I want to partition it and use part of the space for internal memory. Is there anyone who can point me to idiot level instructions for this? Preferably the same ones I used last time?

Thanks!!

Upvote 0
I rooted my prevail a couple years ago using this guide thanks to this helpful guide. I know NOTHING about phones, so literally I could not have done this without the guide. :)

I see there is another list of all the rooting options available. Everyone seems to be very excited about how condensed it is. Unfortunately, since I know so little about phones, I simply can no longer find what I'm looking for on that list.

I got a new SD card and I want to partition it and use part of the space for internal memory. Is there anyone who can point me to idiot level instructions for this? Preferably the same ones I used last time?

Thanks!!
Are you using ctmod, if so put card in phone, go to ct settings, then partition settings. Move the sliders to what you want and hit start. Save anything on card first. When done put things saved back on card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones