• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [guide][exp]How To Port GB from SDK

samrox144

Android Expert
Feb 26, 2011
Bangalore
hi @all

this method has not been tested but by this method i was sucessfull in porting HTC SENSE 2.1
and please dont quote entire post

req=
>android kithcen
>android 2,3 sdk system.img
>basic cmd skills

method

1=first copy the system.img from C:\android-sdk-windows\platforms\android-10\images
to original update folder in sygwin

2=now copy boot.img from your nanadroid backup or rom to same folder

3=now use kitchen to setup a working folder

4=in advanced menu selsect porting tools and selsect w to open boot.img

5=in boot.img folder open ramdisk and look for init.rc file of size <20kb of size open it and delete the line bootclasspath

replace it with this one
export BOOTCLASSPATH /system/framework/core.jar:/system/framework/bouncycastle.jar:/system/framework/ext.jar:/system/framework/framework.jar:/system/framework/android.policy.jar:/system/framework/services.jar:/system/framework/core-junit.jar

and save

6=now in ramdisk folder open default.prop

and change it to below lines

ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=0
ro.debuggable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1

7=now build boot.img

8=now hit 99 and a zip file will be created in output
copy to sd card
reboot recovery
wipe data and format system
flash this in your phone

9=reboot
if it boots up you will have gb ...but gsm and everything else wont work but can be fixed only if it boots up

FAQ

1=IT ISNT BOOTING
A=copy the attached ramdisk and replace the one in boot.img by openeing it and build it then build the rom again and flash

2=why dont i do this and upload it
A.i dont have device test it

3=why dont compile from source
A.varun is working on it
even i want to do it but i dont have enough hard disk space to install ubuntu and start compiling
@all
if you have a extra HD of size 50gb or 100gb please pm me

link to ramdisk=

http://www.multiupload.com/RVZZGCOXNH

@Sam
Everything is ready, including repo sync.
Source is of 2.73GB.
My speed is of 15Kbps, i m ready to keep it for weeks but the super issue is power supply.
Everyday 1 and 1/2 hours of loadsheding is there and my UPS lasts hardly half hour.
What to do?????????
I am really frustrated by these MSEB electricity suppliers?
any way to do it quickly except increasing bandwidth which i m not getting frm any of my frnd.:(:(:(

Upvote 0
@Sam

Everyday 1 and 1/2 hours of loadsheding is there and my UPS lasts hardly half hour.
What to do?????????
I am really frustrated by these MSEB electricity suppliers?

I'm using a 800 VA UPS for my entire home (only lights and fan, no power plug) with a 100 AH tubular battery. so power cuts are not affecting me as long as they are within 10 hours.

Upvote 0
but i know it is not possible in 24hours i.e downloading 2.73gb in 24 hrs at 15kbps...its impossible

u can give me links to that,I will download n make rar files of 100mb or 300mb whatever u prefer n upload it to my mediafire account.then u can download it easily.no worry of powercuts too.but I will b able to do this on Monday only.

Upvote 0
u can give me links to that,I will download n make rar files of 100mb or 300mb whatever u prefer n upload it to my mediafire account.then u can download it easily.no worry of powercuts too.but I will b able to do this on Monday only.

Thanks for ur help mastermind but it has no links and has to be downloaded from Ubuntu itself.

Upvote 0
I don't have 50gb in my hdd but I have portable hdd of 1 tb..is this ok?
i will clear this you dont need 50gb space 30gb is enough and that is you make only one build and should have atleast 3ghz cpu speed
you have a portable hdd why dont you move everything to that and repartition your system
and last for gb you need a 64bit pc if you have 32bit then use it in virtual box then you can compile even ICS in 32bit

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones