• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Guvanahs

RCope48

Ive read through the setcpu guide and Im still confused, if you set your governor to smartass, do you need to enable any profiles? or does this governor do all that for you? I just flashed an aggressive freedom kernel, and am looking for the best performance and battery life over the stock kernel that came with MikG 2.6, I was getting 12-14 hours with moderate use with an extended battery, I would like to go back to the stock battery and slim the phone down again if I could get that same time on a stock battery I would be a happy camper!:D

Ive read through the setcpu guide and Im still confused, if you set your governor to smartass, do you need to enable any profiles? or does this governor do all that for you? I just flashed an aggressive freedom kernel, and am looking for the best performance and battery life over the stock kernel that came with MikG 2.6, I was getting 12-14 hours with moderate use with an extended battery, I would like to go back to the stock battery and slim the phone down again if I could get that same time on a stock battery I would be a happy camper!:D

With the smartass governor you do not need a sleep profile there is one already in there. However I have heard of some doing it and not having any issues.

As far as how long of a battery life you will be able to achieve is dependant upon many variables. How strong / weak your signal is. What type of stuff is running in the background. Widgets. If pluto and mercury can get along on the same plane, etc.

Ok so maybe not pluto and mercury but the point is there are tons of variables that go into how long your battery will last.

with smartass governor you do not need to set a screen off profile. that one is included with the governor. you can still setup more profiles if you want, but i do not recommend that you do. too many profiles will actually be counterproductive as the phone will never sleep s setcpu will constantly be up monitoring those profiles and never sleep.

also keep in mind that not all kernels will react the same and that kernels will vary from to phone. so try aggressive and give it a few days before deciding to move on to the next kernel.

This and this may help you understand the smartass governor a little better.

Hope this helps.

How di I get the Smartass Governor? I use GoldenMonkey kernel and MikG 2.61 ROM

Netarchy is GM's Dev and he believed that while your Evo's battery would do really well while idling using the smartass governor, your Evo's battery would drain quicker while in use. In turn, you won't find the smartass governor in his kernel. If you're going to stay with GM I suggest using the conservative governor, that's what I use. It feels just as snappy to me and my battery doesn't drain as quick as if I were using the smartass governor w/ another kernel.

Now to answer your question, you won't find the smartass governor in GM, and will have to flash a kernel like Chop Suey or Freedom. Both can be found here.

How do I obtain "conservative governor"? How do I set it up to try to maximize battery life? Thanks for your help AND patience!

How do I obtain "conservative governor"? How do I set it up to try to maximize battery life? Thanks for your help AND patience!

In SetCPU, first and foremost uncheck "Set On Boot". Now you should see something like this:

Vl3selusGr9TzTyIla5PMXjkYJt8KlIhiVBtcI2sM2r_JbW-37uyH_MhKOU02S-oa7OSgGQ-V2ndBXoC

My setup is as follows:

Max. 1152

Min. 245

Scaling (where you'll find the kernel's available Governors): Conservative

I also have a "screen-off" profile set at 245/245.

Once you've made your changes and you're happy w/ them, check "Set On Boot".

Back
Top Bottom